The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this patch ok with clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:55 PM
ShockwaveTXB
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this patch ok with clubs?

I know that most motorcycle clubs frown upon people wearing patches with rockers and such, but was curious if a patch like this was ok on the back of a vest...

The dealer has a full size one that would look great on the back of my vest, but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't get any heat from clubs since it's got the rocker style look to it.

I figured since the rockers aren't separate and it's an official Harley patch it would fly, but thought it might be best to see what others thought.

Definitely don't want to disrespect any club, or end up having it ripped off!

Thanks

Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

It'll be fine. No real MC is going to think twice about that patch.

It doesn't declare any group (other than Harley riders), and it doesn't declare a territory.

If you want it, buy it.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Lowridin packer
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly where do you hang out? Maybe you should reconsider where you are hanging out. There are a lot of people on here that worry way to much about 1%. If you are not around them, they won't bother you.

Do you really think they are going to rip something like that off you? Give me a break

Old 06-07-2009, 10:06 PM
LAMing
Road Master

Oh boy! Another "Is This Patch Gonna' Get My Butt Kicked?" thread!

Popcorn! Popcorn! Come'on... where's the popcorn?

Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

GTG !!!(Good ta go) AND your reasoning/thought is 'sound'. (Least ways up here)

Old 06-07-2009, 10:10 PM
ernofsteel007
Road Warrior

dude looks alright but i've seen guys get their asses kicked for less by club guys having a bad day. if you gotta itch to wear a patch there are peaceful clubs with cool patches that the hardcore guys don't bother. dont personally want any patches but if i did i'd get a metal band or infowars.com patch. have fun bro

Old 06-07-2009, 10:20 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

I agree. You should be fine with that patch and I also agree it's best to ask and be sure.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:22 PM
ShockwaveTXB
Road Captain

Ya I don't give anyone a hard time and most of the clubs around here are pretty cool and they participate in the large group/benefit rides and such.

I just know some of them don't like non-club rocker type patches, more so when they are separate rockers like the traditional club style setups.

I didn't really think this one was an issue, but figured it would be good to see what other's thought.

I know some of the more hardcore 1%ers might feel it's a bit poser but I guess you can't always make everyone happy, and like someone above said, if someone is having a bad day, looking for trouble, it really doesn't matter what you do or say...

Old 06-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It really depends. I was on a 1%er forum and one of the members had seen a bunch of kids on bicycles at the local park wearing Black Label Society tee shirts. The kids were just playing and stunting but the 1%s were discussing wasting the kids for wearing the tee shirts. Ya pays your money and you takes your chance.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 PM
ShockwaveTXB
Road Captain

Right, and the BLS thing is something I've heard things about before.

I'm a fan of Zakk and listen to BLS, but I'd never put the BLS patch on my vest for that reson.

A t-shirt however, come on, I'd think that would be ok. I mean I realize that his logo is essentially in the style of the rider clubs, but it's not a diss on them as he is an active bike enthusiast himself.

Perhaps the 1%ers don't like the fact he invented his own club or whatever, but a t-shirt? That's a bit excessive to give someone crap for.

But ya, the whole BLS debate is kind of where things came from regarding the HD patch that has the rocker stuff on it as well...

Quick Reply: Is this patch ok with clubs?