Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger grab rails/handles

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 05:16 PM
steeles4
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger grab rails/handles

Hey gang, looking for some help here. I have a 2011 Road King with the Harley Hammock seat on it. Wife and I both love the seat, however, I would like to install a set if passenger hand rails that go down by the edge of the seat for the wife to be able to lift herself up a little and readjust herself on long trips. Harley shows some nice ones in their catalog, but says the wont work with the Hammock seat. Do I have any other options out there?

Old 09-22-2014, 06:49 PM
TeeStu
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steeles4
Hey gang, looking for some help here. I have a 2011 Road King with the Harley Hammock seat on it. Wife and I both love the seat, however, I would like to install a set if passenger hand rails that go down by the edge of the seat for the wife to be able to lift herself up a little and readjust herself on long trips. Harley shows some nice ones in their catalog, but says the wont work with the Hammock seat. Do I have any other options out there?

I have been looking into the Grab Handles with the Hammock also. There have been post that the HD Handles WILL work with the Hammock..

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...mock-seat.html

Old 09-22-2014, 08:06 PM
steeles4
6th Gear

Thanks for the reply.......Are you going to try the Harley handles?

Old 09-23-2014, 02:58 AM
TeeStu
Cruiser

Thanks for the reply.......Are you going to try the Harley handles?

Yes, just ordered the HD 97026-09 for my 2013 Street Glide. Same part # for your 2011 Road King. I also ordered the Covers (91668-05). I'll post when they arrive and I get them installed.....

Old 09-23-2014, 03:10 PM
steeles4
6th Gear

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and help. Looking forward to how you make out with it. I want the covers too.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:53 PM
spider14043
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

BTW...the passenger grab rail is another example of how harley cleaned up and streamlined touring bikes by removing the grab rail...then they sell it back to you. But, by God, those stripped down bikes really look cool.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spider14043
BTW...the passenger grab rail is another example of how harley cleaned up and streamlined touring bikes by removing the grab rail...then they sell it back to you. But, by God, those stripped down bikes really look cool.
Yep, they removed the passenger grab rail in 2007 model and made it a $170 "accessory".

Just like the tourpack running lights that were on the side of the tourpack. In 2007, they removed them, placed a piece of cheap plastic chrome in the slot and made the lights another $200 "accessory".

Old 09-23-2014, 05:15 PM
bg1
Cruiser

Not really apples to apples but I have the grab rails on my RGC with a Mustang Wide Touring seat with no issues.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:08 PM
steeles4
6th Gear

Thanks for all the replies, I want to see how TEESTU makes out with his set up. It is pretty damn ridicules on what grab handles and covers cost. But........If somebody would have told me I a few years ago that I would have spent over $15k on a used motorcycle, I would have told them they were nuts! My how times change...............lol

Old 09-30-2014, 12:05 PM
TeeStu
Cruiser

Thanks for all the replies, I want to see how TEESTU makes out with his set up. It is pretty damn ridicules on what grab handles and covers cost. But........If somebody would have told me I a few years ago that I would have spent over $15k on a used motorcycle, I would have told them they were nuts! My how times change...............lol

Just got them in. 10 minute install:

The only problem with the Hammock seat (mine is the Rider Hammock) the handles touch the seat in the rear. I see no problem with it.

Quick Reply: Passenger grab rails/handles