Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EasyPass Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 09:55 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

In Fl you can register your tag on the Sunpass site using the same transponder you have for your car. I never carry my Sunpass in either the car or the bike.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Dharn55
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have kept mine in the glovebox of my Road Glide. Works most of the time, sometimes we have to pull it out though. On a recent trip it worked for all but one toll booth that had a gate. On that one even when we pulled it out and held it against the sensor it did Not work. Had to call them on the intercom and give them the transponder number.

We also register all our vehicles, trucks, cars and four bikes to out Ipass account. This work fine on the open road tolling in IL. But out of state or where they have toll gate you are out of luck. So we try to remember to bring the transponder.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Put it on your helmet....

Old 09-30-2014, 10:11 PM
DrewNJ
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Ive had no issues with any of mine working through any hard or soft lid/cover. However, Try to keep the transponder to the side of your bike that will pass through the middle of the lane. Sometimes if you ride to far to one side of the lane and also have the transponder on that same side it can miss. I've had a few "misses".

Old 09-30-2014, 10:46 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
In Fl you can register your tag on the Sunpass site using the same transponder you have for your car. I never carry my Sunpass in either the car or the bike.

that's asking for problems we have state troopers that sits at some of the entrance ramps for the turn pike here on a regular basis and pull over any car that goes thru and triggers the light that shows no toll pass seen.

would be hard to prove to a cop that you really have a tool pass at home.

we just put the little stickers on the cars and I have a transponder inside one of my saddle bag lids and it works great.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:52 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
Thanks for that! I had no idea.

In FL, my old style sunpass with the battery in it will work no matter where you put it.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:22 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts

You might want to keep in mind what DrewNJ said.
I have it in my left saddlebag, never had a problem in other states. But when I went through Ohio and Indiana the first gated booth read it, the next would not. I backed up the bike to the center of the lane and it seemed to work. I tried moving it to my pocket but they still wouldn't read it. For the rest of them as I approached the gate I would take it out and hold it up toward the middle of the lane waving it at the damn sensor. Still seemed slow to read it, but it did. Not fun in the rain with gloves on.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Ben221
Road Warrior
Received 241 Likes on 156 Posts

I thew mine in my HD saddlebag guard bag and it works some of the times. I am going to get a handlebar mount. I do have my license plate on my Ezpass account so it fixes itself but I hate the red light.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:30 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

It worked great for me velcroed in the saddlebag lid.

Beary

Old 10-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Mike_M
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraSteveUSAF
Did you mount it with the Velcro on the lower? Going to use mine for the first time this weekend. Didn't really want to put it on the windshield especially since North Carolina's isn't water proof. I have a windshield bag if people have had luck with that I'll try it.
Yep, velcro. Have a bunch of the sticky 2" wide velcro, put the loop on the backside of the glovebox door (so that the pass is inside the glovebox), and the hook stuff on the EZ-Pass. Sits there in nearly the same orientation it would if I had stuck it to the windshield.

Quick Reply: EasyPass Transponder