Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1's 578 or LA Choppers twin peaks 10"

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 02:40 AM
nicliv
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the twin peaks,cool looking bar but even all the way back I still am straight armed. Not a lot of pull back. On my 14 TK it is 10" from middle of fairing to end of grips. Height is great behind fairing about heart height just need about 2or3 inches more pull back

Old 10-20-2014, 06:08 AM
GCSuper
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nicliv
I have the twin peaks,cool looking bar but even all the way back I still am straight armed. Not a lot of pull back. On my 14 TK it is 10" from middle of fairing to end of grips. Height is great behind fairing about heart height just need about 2or3 inches more pull back
Any problem with the heated grips ? Those are 10's right ?

Old 10-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Deckman
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Twin Peaks 10" and they fit me perfect, I am 5'-10" and no more neck and back pain on long rides.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:00 AM
maynard10
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Heated grips quit working after installing new bars

I am a newby to this site so forgive me if this post should be somewhere else..

I recently install new 10 inch bars from LA Choppers on my 2014 limited. Everything works but the heated grips. Anyone have any suggestion? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:55 PM
riglide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pics look great going with 578,s myself this winter

Old 10-20-2014, 10:03 PM
GNrider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 578's and my only complaint is that after grips and levers are on the bars are wider than the fairing. It hasn't been a problem with wind but I'm in Ca. where splitting traffic is legal and necessary.
also the poster is correct that you'll need wire extensions as well as +4" clutch. I didn't have to change brake line but it was just long enough. I couldn't find the exact bar I wanted and the 578 came close. Hand/wrist position is comfortable. Good Luck.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:36 AM
nicliv
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GCSuper
Any problem with the heated grips ? Those are 10's right ?
The grips work great. I love them and yes these are 10"

Old 10-21-2014, 01:18 AM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The connector pin tool makes it so easy. I tried using a paperclip before I ordered the pin tool and it sold me on getting the right tool for the right job. I had an old switch housing and I tried it on that. I got some of the pins out, but some of then were stubborn. I got the pin tool and its WAY easier. Pull the scendory lock, put the tool in the hole, push and pull the wire out. Only gets to be a pain in the *** when the wire turns and gets stuck inside the housing and you have to pull the back off to get it out. This is the one I have. Works great. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-GENER...38ce42&vxp=mtr

Old 10-21-2014, 04:19 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior

Name:  0821141110_zpsoms2cg2w.jpg
Views: 3958
Size:  88.8 KB
I love my 10" Twin Peaks bagger bars, just wished it had 1" more of pullback when using my Danny Gray seat. It works fine with the stock seat though.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Litewings
Narrowed down my choice on new bars to these two,,, I think. Going on a 13 SG and want my hands out of the wind, so 10" is as high as I will go. Like the looks of the Twin Peaks and that they are 2.5 inches narrower than the 578. With the 578 being wider, in some pics it looks like the ends are out past the fairing. Maybe an illusion from camera angle. Have not had the opportunity to sit on a bike with either installed or even seen bikes in person with them installed so looking for pros and cons from owners on these bars. Don't have much time to decide since the my bike is in getting repaired from a deer hit and they need to know fairly soon.
I installed the WO578 bars on my 2010 FLHTCU. I love the bars. They are comfortable in every way I was wanting. A huge improvement over the stock bars! The issue of keeping your hands out of the wind may be a deal breaker for you though. My bars are in line with my forks & the first thing I noticed besides the increased height & width was my hands get alot more wind. These bars look great IMO, but they are right at the very top of the fairing. If its important that your hands stay out of the wind you may want to consider WO575,s.

Quick Reply: Wild 1's 578 or LA Choppers twin peaks 10"