Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another seat dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:06 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 621 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by baldguy13
I have a C&C seat that is awesome. I can ride for several hours now and on the stock I maxed out at about two.

Have you ever driven a BMW or Mercedes? Their seats are hard by American standards, but you can drive those cars for days and not have a sore butt or back. On the other hand, if you drive in a cushy Buick seat for a few hours, you need to stop and stretch and the destination never seems to come soon enough.
Hey Baldguy13...another bald, tall guy here. Not trying to hijack this thread...just looking for some info. By the looks of your pic, you look tall. What C&C seat are you running? I'm 6'3" looking for a seat (solo preferably) to move me back a couple inches. Is yours a solo or 2up? I'm quite interested in a C&C and have been to their website. Maybe I'm missing something but I can't seem to find any specs or info for their seats.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:00 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Received 464 Likes on 305 Posts

I wish i wouldn't have sold that C&C to you I know I've said that before too but the Mustang I replaced it with on the Road King (which was softer) was awesome for short trips but on longer than an hour or so ride my *** hurt when I was done. Not sore but pain The C&C was definitely the better of the two that's for sure.

lefty33 - give them a call over at C&C, they'll answer every question you have. Service is top notch over there, you'll be very pleased with that and the product I'm sure.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:31 AM
immusicman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DLSSOJC
I have owned many different makes and styles of seats over the years including Corbin, Mustang, Ultimate, C&C, Harley brand upgraded seats, and others. Corbin was too hard for me and not comfortable for me. Ultimate makes a nice comfortable seat and also Mustang. On my CVO FLHTCSE2 I settled for a great balance between comfort and looks and went with another Mustang seat with drivers backrest and it suits me perfect. I also have the matching passenger seat for when riding two up. It has been custom covered for a different look but the standard covered ones look good also. Looks like you have the same bike I have so here is what it would look like on yours:

Nice looking bike..lol! Nice seat too. Where did you get it covered? And which model seat? How good is the backrest mounting and adjustment? I noticed many mustang seats allow for mounting of the factory backrest which is what I would prefer if I went that route. This is definitely an option.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:11 PM
immusicman
Cruiser
Default New Seat

Well I went ahead and got the same seat as the above poster from Mustang. Model 79100 with Fender bib and rear pillion seat. A few pics below.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:27 PM
DLSSOJC
Advanced

Your seat looks Great! You'll love it!

Old 11-24-2014, 09:50 PM
immusicman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DLSSOJC
Your seat looks Great! You'll love it!
Took a short ride today and it is much more comfortable. Backrest is amazing.