Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics vs Badass Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 03:44 AM
Brad4052
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Dynamics vs Badass Light

Is just having the tail light LED enough? I see at CD you can add LED lights to everything on the back, tour pack, blinkers into running lights, fender light to LED and have them all flashing to different patterns.

Has anyone done the full LED light conversion on a ultra?

Old 02-12-2015, 06:50 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been running LEDs on my bikes since 2006. I always change everything over. When I had my 2010 Ultra I had everything on the back LED. Custom Dynamics in the tour pak, signals and fender tip and BrightAssLight taillight. If you didn't see me ahead from a mile away you were blind.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:02 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
I have been running LEDs on my bikes since 2006. I always change everything over. When I had my 2010 Ultra I had everything on the back LED. Custom Dynamics in the tour pak, signals and fender tip and BrightAssLight taillight. If you didn't see me ahead from a mile away you were blind.
^^^^^That^^^^^
I converted all of mine over to CD LED's as well. Pricy but well worth the cost IMO.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Old 02-12-2015, 07:31 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

Start with the tour pack,it's mounted high and therefor more visible to following vehicles.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
^^^^^That^^^^^
I converted all of mine over to CD LED's as well. Pricy but well worth the cost IMO.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!
And with a lifetime warranty from CD you only buy once.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have trucklight spots and headlight. CD LED everywhere else. Added plasma rods and little light in the slots where the antannas come through on the street glide. I was still rear ended 4 months back. Wont prevent an accident, but still worth it for visibility. Would drop the coin to do them on my next bike. CD has SUPERIOR customer service. Call and ask all your questions and have an answer.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:13 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the CD tail light and turnsignals and the dynamic rings up front. I also have the smart triple play so everything is synced to the same pattern when braking, taillight, signals, and tribar. I plan to add plasma rods soon. The BAL is brighter but CD is very bright. My buddy has the BAL so I've seen them side by side. I liked that everything on the back of the bike has the same flash pattern with the CD stuff. Very noticeable and I am very happy.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:47 PM
TeeStu
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Street Glide Rear LED's

A few LED' added to the rear of the Street Glide...

Old 02-13-2015, 05:02 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

I added the FillerZ from CD. Worth every penny!!

Old 02-13-2015, 06:18 PM
X Iron Butt
Supporter
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you add the tour pack brake lights / running lights from CD you can save some coin as you don't need the brake run conversion on the signals. The TP lights are bright enough people coming up on you at night back off a little because the brake lights are so bright. I like the contrast of the yellow turn signal to get attention and if you CD LED them they are very bright also. You have to glue the TP light panels into the stock housing behind the red lens so be sure and adjust the vertical plane position for maximum visibility. There is a best position for them though not a huge difference. If you like the all red on the back look you will need to purchase the brake run kit. I'm not much on the flashy stuff so I went with all CD.

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics vs Badass Light