Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Bike Week Alternative!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 05:43 PM
BillinSC
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Arrow Myrtle Beach Bike Week Alternative!

I live in Charleston SC and have been to Myrtle Beach bike week many times. I remember back when it was a really fun time and it actually had a bike rally feel but, in the last 10 years or so it's been well.....lets just say not the same as the old days. Most of its moved to north Myrtle and it's just not like it used to be. If I ride up it's just for the ride itself cuz there's not much to do anymore once you're there (the Full Throttle Saloon road show at the House of Blues was pretty nice though).

Anyway, theres some good news this year! I heard an ad on the local radio and googled it. Looks like it has the potential to be a really good alternative! Actually you can do both. It runs during the same time as the MB bike week in May and is only about 75 miles away. I've already bought tickets for Friday and made reservations for the wife and myself. Kinda pricey but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Check it out at http://swampfoxbikerbash.com

Hopefully we've got a new/better destination in SC for a good rally!

Btw, I am in no way affiliated with this event. I'm just a motorcycle enthusiast who likes a good bike rally.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:12 AM
RoadKingFL
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The first red flag here is you have to buy tickets to a "biker" event. And damn, this thing is expensive! Then you get over-charged for beer and food.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:30 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

There always laconia or americade (spelling on both). Don't forget ohio bike week also. We went to mbbw back in 07. Had a blast. It was our first bike week. Spent like rock stars for the week. Was working alot of overtime the month before. Just worked out that way. Or plan a harley get together at a area and start a new one. That's how Sturgis was started. I'll agree paying to go to a bike rally doesn't seem like a great idea tho.

Batman

Old 03-29-2015, 07:35 AM
bmwbutch
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biker Bash?

What makes it a "Biker Bash". Looks to be a over priced concert series. I'll stick to the dull, can't get into the Beaver Bar or SBB, but it's free Bike Rally.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:36 AM
BobbyBouche
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill...I saw this and checked out the website. Great music but I agree....damn that's expensive. Please post what you actually find when you get there and have time to check it out. Been to MB at least 12-14 times for bike week. Yes is has changed for sure. Last time was 2 years ago and they did have "throttle fest" at house of blues....is that no longer? That Swampfox website doesn't give enough info or decent pricing to get me there yet for sure. Seems way pricey too. Please keep posted it on how you like it.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:57 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Have a Aunt/Uncle that retired in Surfside...Been to MBBW and yes its change, so we just ride south and to Georgtown for lunch and back to the Sundowner in Surfside...Great food and good peeps.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:07 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I always have a great time at MBBW, I don't see the swamp fox BB taking it's place anytime soon.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:15 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been going to MB spring and falls rallies since 2007. It died down, but is picking up some. Even during the slowest times, we still loved being there. We will ride up to Marion this spring just to check out the BikerBash scene and see how much of a hit it will be. Thanks for posting the info.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:24 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dang, that's a lot of coin! Glad pretty much everything at Ohio's bike week is free. If I go again to MB I'd probably stay in Surfside. It was much more casual for sure.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:34 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Remember... Charleston had one of these Pay-for bike weeks for a few years. Didn't work out too well.

Last edited by lp; 03-29-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Bike Week Alternative!