Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adding cruise control to 07 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:43 AM
kb302
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding cruise control to 07 Street Glide

Hello, I recently purchased a 07 street glide and 07 electra glide classic. Both bikes don't have cruise control which I truly love. I'm looking for options and cost's related.
thanks for your time in advance.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:30 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

Well you cant buy the kit anymore, but you can buy all the parts separate,
I guess. Just go to a dealership and see about all the CC parts for an 07
Road King Classic.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,365 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by 6 gun
Well you cant buy the kit anymore, but you can buy all the parts separate,
I guess. Just go to a dealership and see about all the CC parts for an 07
Road King Classic.
I dont think its quite that simple, many folks use these guys -

http://www.harleycruisecontrol.com/selection.html

Old 04-27-2015, 09:43 AM
OxJaw
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You cannot get all the pieces you need from Harley anymore. Namely the switch housing. What you can do is hunt eBay forever looking for a housing from an 07 or from 06 and earlier bike. If you find one from an 06 (07 models year went to a different style connector) or earlier bike you will need to change the connector of the harness so it plugs into your bike. To do that you need the correct pins, connector housing and crimp tool and then you need to worry about making sure you get them I'm the right spot in the connector.

Or you can do what I did. I bought a used module from eBay and the 08 up cruise kit. The kit came with everything you need except the bolts and grommets to mount the module, ingot those from a local hardware store. The only difference in the 08 housing is that is for a throttle by wire so it doesn't have holes for you like throttle cables. The housing does have circles on the bottom were the holes should be. I simply drilled two holes for the cables and that's it. Other than needing to drill the holes it's a direct fit, plug and play switch housing. The 08 kit came with the switch housing and rocker switch for the cruise activation.

All said and done I probably had around $300 bucks in the kit piecing it together. That was the 08 up kit from Harley, used cruise control module from eBay and the bolt and grommets from hardware store, which I think Hatley sells but I forgot to buy.

The following 2 users liked this post by OxJaw:
avid rider (09-19-2019), Daniel Meyer Schmitz (05-23-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 06:12 PM
Ty18769
Stage II

Originally Posted by OxJaw
You cannot get all the pieces you need from Harley anymore. Namely the switch housing. What you can do is hunt eBay forever looking for a housing from an 07 or from 06 and earlier bike. If you find one from an 06 (07 models year went to a different style connector) or earlier bike you will need to change the connector of the harness so it plugs into your bike. To do that you need the correct pins, connector housing and crimp tool and then you need to worry about making sure you get them I'm the right spot in the connector.

Or you can do what I did. I bought a used module from eBay and the 08 up cruise kit. The kit came with everything you need except the bolts and grommets to mount the module, ingot those from a local hardware store. The only difference in the 08 housing is that is for a throttle by wire so it doesn't have holes for you like throttle cables. The housing does have circles on the bottom were the holes should be. I simply drilled two holes for the cables and that's it. Other than needing to drill the holes it's a direct fit, plug and play switch housing. The 08 kit came with the switch housing and rocker switch for the cruise activation.

All said and done I probably had around $300 bucks in the kit piecing it together. That was the 08 up kit from Harley, used cruise control module from eBay and the bolt and grommets from hardware store, which I think Hatley sells but I forgot to buy.
I’ve read a few dozen posts on adding cruise control to a 2007 road king custom. Your post is about the only one that is giving me hope. Can you post the part numbers for the kit and for the correct module I would need to do exactly what you did? It sounds doable this way.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:17 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,791 Likes on 1,359 Posts

this post is over FIVE AND A HALF years old...........might want to to the new members forum.........

And this one guy hasn't' been on here in over THREE years.....

Old 01-10-2021, 06:29 PM
Ty18769
Stage II

Originally Posted by MURPHCC1
this post is over FIVE AND A HALF years old...........might want to to the new members forum.........

And this one guy hasn't' been on here in over THREE years.....
I realize both those pieces of information. The pay wall is keeping me from being able to instant message the guy. I thought maybe a thread reply would kick him an email if he was subscribed.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:25 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,744 Likes on 3,511 Posts

Nothing to lose

Old 05-23-2021, 03:29 PM
Daniel Meyer Schmitz
Stage II
Default Cru

Originally Posted by OxJaw

What modual did you buy the one that fits the 07 electra glide do you have the part number for that and do you have pics of how you drilled it out for the cables i would greatly appreciate it

Old 05-23-2021, 04:30 PM
OxJaw
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Meyer Schmitz
What modual did you buy the one that fits the 07 electra glide do you have the part number for that and do you have pics of how you drilled it out for the cables i would greatly appreciate it

Here are the part numbers I used, the module I got used off ebay since they are NLA from Harley. The cruise kit still looks like it's available.

Cruise control kit is 77196-08
Module is 70989-04 ​​​​​​​

I don't have pictures but the new switch housing literally had circles cast into the housing were the holes need drilled

Last edited by OxJaw; 05-23-2021 at 04:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pappy42 (05-23-2021)

Quick Reply: adding cruise control to 07 Street Glide