Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Beast Air Horn Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 08:26 AM
rakkasan64
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Beast Air Horn Install Question

I have a 2006 Road King, with a Harley Davidson brand airhorn on it. Of course, the horn stopped working after a while, which prompted me to purchase a higher-quality horn. I purchased a mini beast airhorn from Custom Dynamics, that uses three wires, the positive and negative, with another wire going to the battery terminal. My question concerns any changes done to the wiring to install the Harley air horn. It appears that a wire has been spliced on the positive side. I know that the guy who owned the bike before I bought it used only dealership services to do all his work. Is it going to be okay to hook the positive and negative wire, along with running the relay wire to the battery? I'm going to have to look up to see if the mount was changed also.

Last edited by rakkasan64; 05-10-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:01 PM
stractman
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rakkasan64
I have a 2006 Road King, with a Harley Davidson brand airhorn on it. Of course, the horn stopped working after a while, which prompted me to purchase a higher-quality horn. I purchased a mini beast airhorn from Custom Dynamics, that uses three wires, the positive and negative, with another wire going to the battery terminal. My question concerns any changes done to the wiring to install the Harley air horn. It appears that a wire has been spliced on the positive side. I know that the guy who owned the bike before I bought it used only dealership services to do all his work. Is it going to be okay to hook the positive and negative wire, along with running the relay wire to the battery? I'm going to have to look up to see if the mount was changed also.
straight plug and play. pos/neg go to stock connections. the battery wire (with fuse) is to give extra juice to the horn.

here's an install video that can help you. only takes a few minutes to accomplish yourself.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,259 Likes on 6,015 Posts

Yup..,pretty much plug and play. Great horn too.