Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready to put a stage 1 kit on

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 09:49 AM
kylebru1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by digger58
Some say there is no difference , some claim huge gains.
I know for a fact mine runs cooler, sounds better and to me, worth the time and effort
That's the same with me, as long as the bike runs better, cooler, and sounds better...then I'm cool with that.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:31 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Lightbulb

Still riding it like it came, stock. I've got 85,000 on it now, and just the other day I rode with a couple of 1800 GW. I had enough power to stay with them accelerating up an uphill on ramp just by winding the rpm up to 4,000 before shifting.

Of course, I'm way past performance meaning beating out everyone else (now 73 y/o), but my Ultra gets 41-42 on the highway at 70 mph, has a pleasing exhaust hum, and runs pretty cool as long as it is kept moving along a bit. I don't see any good reason to spend a lot of money for maybe a 10% increase in power.

Back in the day, like before 1979, Harley's were woefully short on power and performance from the factory, but I think they've done a good job finding the balance between performance and longevity while still meeting the external regulations they have to obey. JMHO, of course.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:37 AM
kylebru1
Tourer

Originally Posted by goodbirds
Still riding it like it came, stock. I've got 85,000 on it now, and just the other day I rode with a couple of 1800 GW. I had enough power to stay with them accelerating up an uphill on ramp just by winding the rpm up to 4,000 before shifting.

Of course, I'm way past performance meaning beating out everyone else (now 73 y/o), but my Ultra gets 41-42 on the highway at 70 mph, has a pleasing exhaust hum, and runs pretty cool as long as it is kept moving along a bit. I don't see any good reason to spend a lot of money for maybe a 10% increase in power.

Back in the day, like before 1979, Harley's were woefully short on power and performance from the factory, but I think they've done a good job finding the balance between performance and longevity while still meeting the external regulations they have to obey. JMHO, of course.
I can appreciate that, but for me its about more than just the 10% increase. I like the sound, the looks, the performance.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:04 PM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Anyone who says a stage one did nothing for them has a bad tune or a horrible butt dyno. You should feel an increase as said above its not like adding a super charger to a car but it will feel a little more responsive would be my best way to describe it. The bike will run cooler, smoother and sound much better. But no doubt you should feel a little boost with a stage one.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:17 PM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by WG2011
Anyone who says a stage one did nothing for them has a bad tune or a horrible butt dyno. You should feel an increase as said above its not like adding a super charger to a car but it will feel a little more responsive would be my best way to describe it. The bike will run cooler, smoother and sound much better. But no doubt you should feel a little boost with a stage one.
My bike pinged stock and it drove me nuts. These engines are noisy enough without the ball bearing in a coffee can sound. From roughly 2300 to 2700 RPM the engine would ping while maintaining speed. Even my wife asked numerous times "What's that sound?" That alone should tell most of you how bad it was. Losing the heat from the CAT, getting through the gears a little quicker with a slightly better note from the stock mufflers helped justify the cost.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:22 PM
kylebru1
Tourer

Just found out the Slimlines I ordered from Fuel Moto were back ordered, so I have to wait another week as they aren't shipping until Friday now. This is the third different date I've been told.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:00 PM
ferrisswheel
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reinhart slimline

Originally Posted by kylebru1
I'm wondering what I should expect as far as a power increase/mpg increase or decrease/anything like that.

I'm adding Rinehart slimline heads, Rinehart 4" slip ons, Fuel Moto Pro Billet air cleaner, and a Fuel Moto Micro Tuner.
I have a '14 Street Glide Special and I added the slimline duals with 4" slip ons, Screaming Eagle stage 1 breather and a Cobra Fi2000 Power Pro auto tuner. I had these put on at the dealer before I took position of the bike so I don't know about gains. It does sound awesome compared to a stock bike. It pulls very good until I let off. (I haven't taken it over 100mph but she gets there quick) I did the math and I am averaging 43.7mpg. That includes city and hwy.