Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended bags and fender NOT lowered

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:36 AM
umlify
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended bags and fender NOT lowered

I'm about to take the plunge and order some extended bags and fender for my 2014 Street Glide but will not be lowering the bike (yet).

I was wondering if anyone has pictures of this set up (extended bags and fender on a SG/RG that's not lowered).

Reason being is I'm going for a certain look but want to maintain it as a daily rider. My concern is I'll spend all this money and still not be happy, due to its height.

Anything would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Old 05-23-2015, 06:57 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

There's be thread about this exact same topic.. May be on page 2 or 3

Old 05-23-2015, 07:36 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

Rear air ride is the answer. Rode the crap out of my SG with extended bags and fender. Raise it up to ride and slam it when parked

Old 05-23-2015, 11:45 AM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you said no lowered bikes but I have to agree with Duraglide that rear air ride is the way to go with extended bags. Several set ups available out there, Dirty Air has a great set up that isn't to hard on the wallet and pretty easy to install.

Old 05-23-2015, 02:49 PM
umlify
Novice

Thanks for the pics and I totally agree, when I do lower the bike it'll be with an air ride system, but I do have concerns about it. The primary one being comfort. I LOVE the comfortable ride of my Street Glide and do not want to sacrifice ride quality. It seems reviews of the comfort of air ride are mixed, some say it's as equal to stock and some say it's crap...so that makes me nervous.

The point of the post was to see if anyone had stock height versions just to see if I'd even like the bike at a stock height with extended bags and fender or if I should just continue to save and do it all at once.

I never saw the thread about stock height photos, I'll take another look but even a search yielded zero results.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

Topshop fender, CVO bags, stock height.

Attached Thumbnails Extended bags and fender NOT lowered-dscn0027.jpg  
Old 05-24-2015, 04:42 AM
umlify
Novice

So it does exist! Looks good, thanks for the pic.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:01 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by umlify
Thanks for the pics and I totally agree, when I do lower the bike it'll be with an air ride system, but I do have concerns about it. The primary one being comfort. I LOVE the comfortable ride of my Street Glide and do not want to sacrifice ride quality. It seems reviews of the comfort of air ride are mixed, some say it's as equal to stock and some say it's crap...so that makes me nervous.

The point of the post was to see if anyone had stock height versions just to see if I'd even like the bike at a stock height with extended bags and fender or if I should just continue to save and do it all at once.

I never saw the thread about stock height photos, I'll take another look but even a search yielded zero results.
My fault I thought u asked about stretched bags with a stock fender..i read it as fender not lowered lol

Old 05-24-2015, 09:00 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

Couple of pics of mine with stock shocks in the build album
https://www.hdforums.com/g/album/657088

Old 05-24-2015, 09:38 AM
hellbilly78
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is mine. Its aired up so should be close to stock height. I did the diy air ride set up. Im pretty happy with the set up myself. I think its more comfortable then stock and handles better when the pressures are set right. If the pressures are to soft or to hard you will notice. Minor adjustments and you will be set.

Quick Reply: Extended bags and fender NOT lowered