Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 6'2" and above guys with Electra Glides/Street Glides running a short windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:28 PM
kylebru1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any 6'2" and above guys with Electra Glides/Street Glides running a short windshield?

I'm curious because I'm not totally sold on my Klock Werks. I've asked the question before, and I know many others have also. I'm thinking about just trying the 4 inch SG shield. I dont mind wind hitting me directly in the face, what I dont like is the wind coming up from the bottom and bouncing my glasses around. I'm just curious if any taller guys are using the short shield.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:59 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kylebru1
I'm curious because I'm not totally sold on my Klock Werks. I've asked the question before, and I know many others have also. I'm thinking about just trying the 4 inch SG shield. I dont mind wind hitting me directly in the face, what I dont like is the wind coming up from the bottom and bouncing my glasses around. I'm just curious if any taller guys are using the short shield.
I used the stock SG 4" Wind shield for quite a while. Finally tried a Wind Vest 8" and love that. I would only run the shorty for some short rides if at all.

I'm 6'4" BTW.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:07 PM
kylebru1
Tourer

Originally Posted by senna
I used the stock SG 4" Wind shield for quite a while. Finally tried a Wind Vest 8" and love that. I would only run the shorty for some short rides if at all.

I'm 6'4" BTW.

Did you get buffeting, or just slammed in the face with wind? I'm used to getting hit int he face with wind, its the buffeting from below that I cant stand.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:23 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kylebru1
Did you get buffeting, or just slammed in the face with wind? I'm used to getting hit int he face with wind, its the buffeting from below that I cant stand.
I don't/haven't had an issue with wind/ buffeting from below. I wear a full face helmet and with the short shield the air flow was hitting the top of my helmet and on long rides that got old. with the taller Wind Vest shield the air flows nicely just over my helmet.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:18 PM
Primetime_2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.longrideshields.com/produ...ltra-96-13.htm

use the remember60 code at checkout for ur new price!

i run this in a 6" and love it, u may need a 7" depending on your seat

Old 05-26-2015, 06:42 PM
REPO1
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I run the mid height windsplitter. It's perfect for me as my line of sight is just above it, but the wind deflects the bugs over my head. I can't imagine being hit in the face constantly with that little short one.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:30 PM
ffken
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I couldn't stand the short windshield on my 15 street glide. It was the first upgrade I did. I tried the full face helmet, 3/4 helmet and a half helmet. All were too loud for me. The wind on the helmet was too deafening. I opted for a 9" long ride shield. Fits me great with the stock seat. Im 6'2"

Old 05-26-2015, 07:36 PM
kylebru1
Tourer

Originally Posted by ffken
I couldn't stand the short windshield on my 15 street glide. It was the first upgrade I did. I tried the full face helmet, 3/4 helmet and a half helmet. All were too loud for me. The wind on the helmet was too deafening. I opted for a 9" long ride shield. Fits me great with the stock seat. Im 6'2"
Because it was hitting you in the face? Or from buffeting?

Old 05-26-2015, 07:49 PM
geektoad
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm 6'2" and the wind was hitting the top of my helmet with the stock shield. I upgraded to a 7" LRS. It puts the wind right over my head at any reasonable highway speed.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:53 PM
kylebru1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Primetime_2
http://www.longrideshields.com/produ...ltra-96-13.htm

use the remember60 code at checkout for ur new price!

i run this in a 6" and love it, u may need a 7" depending on your seat
Holy crap, for that price I couldn't not buy one to try it! Thanks for the tip. We will see how it works. I've seen a lot of people that like it more than the klock werks. I have the 8.5" and I'm not really liking it.

Quick Reply: Any 6'2" and above guys with Electra Glides/Street Glides running a short windshield?