Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth /CB/Intercom Communication Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 07:06 PM
OPDSam30
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth /CB/Intercom Communication Question

Hello all,

Here's my question. I have a 2008 Street Glide and I have the Harley CB/Intercom system on it. I also have my helmets equipped with the Harley headsets 77147-98, which is the older version boom and speakers for the helmet. I recently bought the Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth for my helmet because my Brother-In-Law has an HD with no communications. He purchased the Sena setup as well. The Bluetooth's works great for us for bike to bike communications. Last week I was on a ride where we had some Bluetooth's and some CB's. Unfortunately, the two can't communicate with one and other. A friend made a bracket for my helmet that allowed me to attach booth systems to my helmet give me communication with both. Here is the problem. I have to put both sets of speakers in the helmet so i lose some sound quality because neither of the speakers are directly over my ear. also I have to turn the volume down on my bluetooth to hear the CB. It's not the best setup but it works for now. Does anyone know of a way to hook up one set of speakers so that the Harley hardwired CB will override the Sena Bluetooth system when the CB mic is pushed? I prefer the Sena Speakers over the Harley speakers because they sound better.

I look forward to hearing any thoughts on this,

OPDSam30

Old 06-11-2015, 07:13 AM
patrick74
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by OPDSam30
Hello all,

Here's my question. I have a 2008 Street Glide and I have the Harley CB/Intercom system on it. I also have my helmets equipped with the Harley headsets 77147-98, which is the older version boom and speakers for the helmet. I recently bought the Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth for my helmet because my Brother-In-Law has an HD with no communications. He purchased the Sena setup as well. The Bluetooth's works great for us for bike to bike communications. Last week I was on a ride where we had some Bluetooth's and some CB's. Unfortunately, the two can't communicate with one and other. A friend made a bracket for my helmet that allowed me to attach booth systems to my helmet give me communication with both. Here is the problem. I have to put both sets of speakers in the helmet so i lose some sound quality because neither of the speakers are directly over my ear. also I have to turn the volume down on my bluetooth to hear the CB. It's not the best setup but it works for now. Does anyone know of a way to hook up one set of speakers so that the Harley hardwired CB will override the Sena Bluetooth system when the CB mic is pushed? I prefer the Sena Speakers over the Harley speakers because they sound better.

I look forward to hearing any thoughts on this,

OPDSam30
There is a few of us using the AKE Bluetooth interface. Look over the following thread

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044606&goto=newpost