Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, here is one for ya

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 07:35 PM
ngshop
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I recommend a new mechanic, plus above comments!

Old 07-28-2015, 08:00 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,427 Likes on 886 Posts

twist grip sensor or the little green plug inside the handlebar

Old 07-28-2015, 08:10 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,014 Likes on 1,735 Posts

Another thing to consider regarding "parade mode" is when your bike was built...early 08's do not have EITMS and require the dealer to upgrade the ECM with an updated download. You can roll the throttle forward all the way with the bike on, but not running and see if your cruise light flashes green. That will mean it's activated. My 08 bought in Aug of 07 does not have EITMS.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:31 AM
Hazzardousmat
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Another thing to consider regarding "parade mode" is when your bike was built...early 08's do not have EITMS and require the dealer to upgrade the ECM with an updated download. You can roll the throttle forward all the way with the bike on, but not running and see if your cruise light flashes green. That will mean it's activated. My 08 bought in Aug of 07 does not have EITMS.
Whats EITMS? I'm stupid I know lol
I'll ask the Dealership in Wabash about it, see what they have to say. I am going to go out today and remove the air cleaner and clean connections. (Been sick last couple of days)

Old 07-29-2015, 08:16 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 277 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazzardousmat
Whats EITMS? I'm stupid I know lol
I'll ask the Dealership in Wabash about it, see what they have to say. I am going to go out today and remove the air cleaner and clean connections. (Been sick last couple of days)
Engine Idle Temperature Management System. Under specific conditions related to engine temp (outside air temp on newer models), the rear cylinder fuel injection is shut off and the engine runs only on the front cylinder to keep heat down; primarily for rider comfort while stopped.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Ok, here is one for ya

Originally Posted by Hazzardousmat
Whats EITMS?)
Owner's Manual...... It's in there if equipped.

07 required dealer to enable. My 08 I can enable and disable by rolling throttle forward. Bike decides when to activate

Old 07-29-2015, 11:05 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Put a set of fans From Wards on the bike and never see the "Parade Mode" again.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:16 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,221 Likes on 2,467 Posts

Originally Posted by Weavr99FLHT
Owner's Manual...... It's in there if equipped.

07 required dealer to enable. My 08 I can enable and disable by rolling throttle forward. Bike decides when to activate
early 08s required the dealer to enable/disable as well.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:44 AM
Hazzardousmat
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
Engine Idle Temperature Management System. Under specific conditions related to engine temp (outside air temp on newer models), the rear cylinder fuel injection is shut off and the engine runs only on the front cylinder to keep heat down; primarily for rider comfort while stopped.
Thank you.
Glad when I get over this flu. Didnt make it outside to clean the connections behind the filter but did get dome dielectric grease from Autoslow. Need to remove and clean/oil filter anyway. Didnt do it before trip when I serviced the bike. Needs done anyway.
Have to re-download the manual from HD. Didnt get one with the bike when I bought it. (Also need to check with dealer about the pin number if my fob quits and I'm out) Guess I need to make a list and get started lol

Old 07-30-2015, 08:55 AM
dsigrist
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Living in Texas, particularly this time of year, my bike spends a lot of time in as we call it, "thumper mode" while sitting in metroplex traffic. Other than just to try turning it on and off for grins mine is always on.

I had one instance on the side of road in West Texas last summer where it went into limp home mode after restarting. I just shut it off again and waited about 10 mins and it fired right up with no further problem.

When I talked to one of the mechanics he suggested that if it happens again to bring it in so they can see if any codes were logged.

Quick Reply: Ok, here is one for ya