Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made in the USA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:06 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Made in the USA!!!

As a commercial account rep for an electronic security company, I get to go to many different manufacturing facilities. Today, I was at a powdered metal mfg plant, and found that they make a good bit of parts for our Harley's.

I thought it was cool that some off the components going into these machines are made in my stomping ground.

I just wanted to share, as I see too many posts stating that so many of the parts on our rides come from China. And I can now attest that there are also many parts that are truly born in the USA.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:11 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
....... there are also many parts that are truly born in the USA.

.... .......

Old 07-29-2015, 09:53 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Its more common than you might think. Last year, I was replacing my saddle bag latches...

Old 07-30-2015, 07:14 AM
chief08
Road Master
Received 208 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
As a commercial account rep for an electronic security company, I get to go to many different manufacturing facilities. Today, I was at a powdered metal mfg plant, and found that they make a good bit of parts for our Harley's.

I thought it was cool that some off the components going into these machines are made in my stomping ground.

I just wanted to share, as I see too many posts stating that so many of the parts on our rides come from China. And I can now attest that there are also many parts that are truly born in the USA.
name some

Old 07-30-2015, 10:25 AM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,561 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by chief08
name some
I would like to know too, but ethically I don't think he can name names. Being in a position to know the players, I don't think he can divulge them being a representative of his company, confidentiality issues and all.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:16 PM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

I'd love it if Harley would have some or all of their clothes made in the USA.

That statement also goes for NASCAR.

Sorry for the hijack

Old 07-30-2015, 12:22 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Does it really matter anymore? The whole idea of "Made in America" was keeping jobs here in the USA, but if you go check out a few of those made in America work places, there is only one language being spoken and it's not english. I noticed that several of the local Asian restaurants are staffed with a lot of nonAsian non American workers, if you know what I mean.

I just read somewhere that there are more unemployed Americans than ever before, but the number of non American workers in the US are greater than the unemployed.

Beary

Old 07-30-2015, 12:28 PM
jaymiller5
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ride my Seesaw
I would like to know too, but ethically I don't think he can name names. Being in a position to know the players, I don't think he can divulge them being a representative of his company, confidentiality issues and all.
Shouldn't break NDA to say the part name. Like saddlebag latches, crash bars, frame etc. There are painting companies that do some of the limited edition cvo jobs for Harley as well. Saying the companies name would violate a NDA, obviously. This is just like, I work for a company that makes routers, switches, servers etc etc and we OEM other vendors products and put our name/logo on them saying they are ours. Kind of common place for companies to partner.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

I live in central WI. I meet people who work for subcontractor's for Harley, all the time. I think they should just put out what their domestic content is, and stop all these rumors, that there is a high foreign content.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:42 AM
chief08
Road Master
Received 208 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Ride my Seesaw
how will anybody no he is on a form with a user name no one will every find out

Quick Reply: Made in the USA!!!