Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police Road King FLHP

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:47 AM
PoliceKing08
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police Road King FLHP

Hi Everyone,

I just picked up an 08 FLHP road king and I currently have the police air ride solo seat. I am aware of the Mustang Pillion that matches the air ride seat, but I am thinking about putting a two up seat on it instead.

What years and model seats will fit an 08 RK? Is anything 09 and above out of the question?

If I find an 08 and below Streetglide, Road Glide, or RK seat, will they all fit?

Old 07-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,412 Likes on 881 Posts

I think the 08s got the same seat as the 09 and up with the 6-gal tank. Not sure though... BTW my wife likes the mustang pillion on my RK.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:34 AM
RK_Ming
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

petty sure any 08+ touring seat will fit. I did the same on my 2014 FHLP. I am selling a 2012 stock RKC seat (only used like 3 times) in touring parts. Someone is in line to purchase it, but if they don't end up having the funds, it is totally up for sale.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:48 AM
PoliceKing08
1st Gear
Default 08 Police FLHP Seat

Originally Posted by RK_Ming
petty sure any 08+ touring seat will fit. I did the same on my 2014 FHLP. I am selling a 2012 stock RKC seat (only used like 3 times) in touring parts. Someone is in line to purchase it, but if they don't end up having the funds, it is totally up for sale.
Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if the seat ends up still being available.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:28 PM
motsknab77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have an 08 Roadking Police, I went through a couple different two ups before finding out that only 08 seats fit the 08. it was a transition year for the seats, 09 and up do not fit correctly and 07 and down have a different set up.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Recycled
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know we are all different, have different views on what looks good, and use our scoots for different purposes, so this is only my opinion. If I were you, I would give that police solo seat some *** time. Without spending the big bucks, its hard to replace it with anything more comfortable for long days in the saddle. You can outfit your FLHP with easily found accessories with quick detach hardware and be ready for any occasion in just a few minutes.
I've never gotten any complaints about the comfort of the Mustang "pillion" either.
Here's just a few pics of a few different configurations, for different purposes. Works for me. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Attached Thumbnails Police Road King FLHP-mustang-pillion-and-luggage-rack-2.jpg   Police Road King FLHP-tour-pak-utopia-mustang-pillion.jpg   Police Road King FLHP-utopia-seat-mustang-pillion-hd-backrest.jpg   Police Road King FLHP-seat-rail-utopia-mustang-fit-005.jpg  
Old 07-31-2015, 03:27 AM
garyFLHPI
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Recycled
I know we are all different, have different views on what looks good, and use our scoots for different purposes, so this is only my opinion. If I were you, I would give that police solo seat some *** time. Without spending the big bucks, its hard to replace it with anything more comfortable for long days in the saddle. You can outfit your FLHP with easily found accessories with quick detach hardware and be ready for any occasion in just a few minutes.
I've never gotten any complaints about the comfort of the Mustang "pillion" either.
Here's just a few pics of a few different configurations, for different purposes. Works for me. Good luck with whatever you choose!
+1. Totally agree!

Old 07-31-2015, 09:12 AM
PoliceKing08
1st Gear

Originally Posted by motsknab77
I have an 08 Roadking Police, I went through a couple different two ups before finding out that only 08 seats fit the 08. it was a transition year for the seats, 09 and up do not fit correctly and 07 and down have a different set up.
Thanks for the feedback motsknab77. I don't want to go thru what you apparently had to, so I appreciate the feedback very much!

And Skynyrd rules!

Old 07-31-2015, 09:25 AM
FLHTPIng
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Recycled
Thanks - you just gave me a few ideas for my FLHTP too

Old 07-31-2015, 09:36 AM
PoliceKing08
1st Gear

Thanks to all for the feedback. I will either buy a Mustang Pillion or change the seat to only a comparable 08 two up.

My Air ride solo has a few tears in it, so If I plan to buy the Mustang Pillion, I will need to also repair those rips.

The thing that kills me is the cost!! Why does a siomple pillion have to cost so much?! Has anyone seen a mustang pillion or comprable pillion that will fit a FLHP that is less than $200??

If I decide to replace the air ride, iw ill only do so with a true 2008 year two up.

Thanks again everyone.

Quick Reply: Police Road King FLHP