Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woodys Fairing Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 10:53 PM
JeffS
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woodys Fairing Installed!

Hey Everyone,

I recently installed a Woody's Fairing on my 2013 Road King. (Orange Candy with Beer Bottle)

There are several threads regarding Road King Fairings. I searched this forum and other Harley Forums for as much info as possible before deciding to get a Woodys Fairing. www.woodysfairings.com.

The reviews on the fairings themselves were very good and better yet, the reviews about dealing with Glenn were even better. There is nothing better than getting personal direct service from the person that knows everything there is to know about the fairings. This is the person that builds the fairings himself. His knowledge, service, and patience was great.

Here is the set up I went with.
Infinity PRV250 Marine Bluetooth Stereo (with Aux and USB inputs)
Alpine SPR50 speakers
Alipine 455U AMP
Kury Voltage meter
Quick Disconnect Power connector
6" Medium Tint Windshield
Handlebar mounted Remote control
I had the outer fairing painted Harley Candy Orange at Custom Painted Vehicles in Franksville, WI
I left the inner fairing as black gel coat. I like the way the black inner looks.

The quaility and build of my fairing is awesome and I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out.
Glenn spent all the time I needed to understand what I needed to do to wire up the fairing and install it on my bike.

Not to mention that the price of his fairings are cheaper than most out there.

The bike handles wonderful with the fairing on it. More agile than with the windshield.

If you are looking for a high end fairing for your bike, this IS the person to call. I did the research and this was the best deal, service, support, etc... out there.

There are plenty of other threads showing install photos, so I'm just going to post finished photos. If you have any questions about what I did to install it, pm me.

Attached Thumbnails Woodys Fairing Installed!-woody1.jpg   Woodys Fairing Installed!-woody2.jpg   Woodys Fairing Installed!-woody3.jpg   Woodys Fairing Installed!-woody4.jpg  
Old 08-16-2015, 07:00 AM
crgbrks
Intermediate

Looks great!

Old 08-16-2015, 07:34 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That looks awesome. Nice and finished looking. Does not look like something just stuck on there. Looks like it belongs. I like it!

Old 08-16-2015, 07:51 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Looks fantastic.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:08 AM
kegrill
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks really good. Thanks for the info, I'm always toying with the idea of adding one of these.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:01 AM
CBud
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It looks great! Thank you for review also. I teetered for ages about getting a fairing, and now it looks like I'll teeter some more.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:20 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,365 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Really looks super. You didnt mention how it sounds, I'm guessing you're happy with it or you'd have mentioned it.

I do think the fork reflectors need to go, however.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:27 PM
JeffS
6th Gear

The stereo sounds great. I have a small USB thumb drive with a bunch of MP3's on it. That sounds the best. I'll also use my iphone via Bluetooth. That has to be played a bit louder than the direct USB hook up. The radio works well with stations that have a strong enough signal. The antenna is internal inside the fairing so it probably doesn't pick up radio stations as well as the external rear antennas on an Ultra Classic.

I'll just use the USB input and have it randomly play the songs.
The biggest pain during the install is moving the fog lamps to the forward most hole to make room for the fairing. I ended up cutting a slot in a 9/16 socket with my dremel tool to take care of that. I didn't want to have to cut the wires and reattach them.
Once you understand what you need to wire up inside the fairing and decide how you want it wired to the bike, that is all pretty straight forward.

The quality of this fairing is truly amazing. CPV did a great job with the official Harley Orange Candy paint job on the outer fairing. It matches perfectly.

I forgot to mention that I also got a set of Freedom Wings and the T-Bags windshield bags from Glenn as well. I put the Freedom wings on today. The fairing is already tapped to accept the freedom wings very cleanly.

I had the bike out again today and I am still just as amazed by how agile the bike feels with this fairing compared to just having the detachable windshield on it.

I could not be happier with it.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Flatrock-1
Intermediate

That looks very sharp. Appears like it came direct from the factory. You did well.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:15 PM
mcain49
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Sweet! Looks like it came from the factory that way.

Quick Reply: Woodys Fairing Installed!