Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of the 2016 Touring Paint and Schemes

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:28 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default What do you think of the 2016 Touring Paint and Schemes

I just want to pose the question.

I have not made it to the dealership to see the 16's in person. But, I have been to the Harley web site several times looking at all the touring bikes.

I have been riding my 2009 Road King for six years and have be waiting on the re-release of the Road Glide Ultra.

I sure hope the new paint schemes look better in person. In the touring line the only way to get a solid color bike is either the Street Glide or Road Glide standards. Except for the hard candy gold and the black hard candy with the what I guess they want to call flames.

Then there is the subject of putting this artwork on the lids of the saddle bags verses the lowers.

The Street Glide and Road Glide Specials, It looks like they got a little confused, the stripes below the fuel tank look like something that belongs but once you get above the bottom of the fuel tank it looks like they kinda got lost and revert to the stripes for a Ultra or a Road King. Either way the stripes on top don't go with the stripes on bottom.

The other paint accent that stands out is the Swash or whatever you want to call it. It just doesn't look like it belong.

On a final not, when you only come out with 6 or 7 color choices per model and then you do something strange with three of them, what are you thinking.

I just want to open this up for discussion.

I have plenty more to say on the paint and color schemes for this year but this is about as much typing as I like to do at one time.

Enjoy!!!!

Old 08-27-2015, 09:41 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

I agree, not liking any of the graphics at all. When the colors were released a few weeks ago, I was excited to see the hard candy gold, but the graphics just ruin it. Mostly due to the design on the fairings. And the RG is the worst of them. Couldn't they at least follow the lines of the fairing?

I I were in a financial position to get a new ride, I would go after a road glide standard with no graphics or pin stripes. And would lean to finding a left over 15.

I guess the non plain 16 paint that is most appealing to me is the black and silver on the RGU.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:45 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
......The Street Glide and Road Glide Specials, It looks like they got a little confused, the stripes below the fuel tank look like something that belongs but once you get above the bottom of the fuel tank it looks like they kinda got lost and revert to the stripes for a Ultra or a Road King. Either way the stripes on top don't go with the stripes on bottom......

Old 08-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I like a couple of the 16's color schemes but nothing that I would care to go to the dealership and see.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:51 PM
MadIrish
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been waiting for the RGU. I think the striping is fine, but not excited enough about the combo colors and would probably just wind up with black. The grey/black combo is nice, but it is boring. The RGS pinstripes look terrible, though less so with the velocity red, I think. I'd have to see the charcoal pearl RG in person, but probably would go with black, there, too.

I an RG I'd opt for a 2015 in mysterious red, I think. RGS would be black 2015.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

Notice the picture below, Below the fuel tank I.E. front fender, side covers, saddle bag lower. Note the sharp pointed stripes of the tried and true graphics of the Road Glide transferred to the Street Glide. Now notice the strips on the tank and fairing, something much closer to a Ultra or and electra Glide. The sharp edges of the lower graphics does not go with the flowing pin stripes used on the fairing and the tank. The would have been better off leaving the strips off the fairing and tank.

The same applies to the Road Glide the curved flowing stripes on the tank and on the fairing has nothing in common the sharp edgy stripes on the fender, side covers and saddle bags.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:20 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

I.M.O One of the better combinations. But, it still looks like a transplanted color scheme from a Ultra. The art department should have been paying attention during the wind tunnel testing and applied the way the air moves over the bike to the paint lay out.

I Guess the CVO Guys were paying attention during Wind Tunnel testing. I guess you get what you pay for ($40,000.00) But for $25,000.00 I expect a little more.

One other thing I noticed, all the fine line pin stripe tires are gone.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:43 PM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

The bullet silver with the pinstripe is nice. But most of any other "scheme" jobs on the touring bikes are pretty lame. and the flame jobs look just as tacky as they always have. All the new "satin" and denim colors are pretty ugly too if you ask me. But I really like the silver bullet/ vivid black two tone on the 2015 low riders, a little less black than that scheme on the touring bikes.

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 08-27-2015 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:49 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Gotta agree.... The colors themselves aren't all that bad but the graphics are cheesy looking and don't flow with the lines of the bikes @ all.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:40 AM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

The purple and black is cool...

Quick Reply: What do you think of the 2016 Touring Paint and Schemes