Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddle Bag Speaker Lids

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 04:36 AM
HDsportster99
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddle Bag Speaker Lids

I have a rockford fosgate pushing alpine speakers. The company that put the speakers in, they told me they are not marine grade speakers. Does this mean, if i get caught in the rain, or wake up and there is mist all over the bike, the speakers would be ruined? How is a way to prevent this..? Thanks

Old 09-02-2015, 05:59 AM
Kuz
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No they won't be ruined, unless you constantly leave it out in the rain! These newer speakers are not made of paper anymore. I bought the Alpine Type-R speakers and love them. Lightweight and sound great, I also bought a set of Mustang Lid covers, in case I get caught in the rain I can install them quickly and shut rear speakers off. Because with the covers on it sounds like shi+!!!! But I'm also running ALL Alpine system with a Memphis audio amp.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:30 AM
HDsportster99
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuz
No they won't be ruined, unless you constantly leave it out in the rain! These newer speakers are not made of paper anymore. I bought the Alpine Type-R speakers and love them. Lightweight and sound great, I also bought a set of Mustang Lid covers, in case I get caught in the rain I can install them quickly and shut rear speakers off. Because with the covers on it sounds like shi+!!!! But I'm also running ALL Alpine system with a Memphis audio amp.
Awesome. I thought of them lid covers. Ill have to pick some up. Such a relief knowing they wont be ruined if they get wet. Mother Nature changes her mind in a second. Memphis Audio is good stuff, bet it sounds good. Thanks brotha