Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Insite on lowering or not

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 06:35 PM
escalade6103
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodys03
He may have suggested the lowering ones because my inseam is only a 28.
mine is 28 as well. i had bitchin baggers and yeah they were better than stock but if your wanting the best ride i'd get ohlins. i have had bitchin baggers 11.25", progressive 412's 11.5", stock SG shocks and ohlins #3-#3. im 5'7" with a 28" inseam and i touch better with the ohlins than any other.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Woodys03
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He recommended 2-2B for my bike.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:12 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Howard knows what he is doing. He can only advise you based on what you tell him, he is not a mind reader. 2-2A'S or 2-2B's should be the ticket depending on how high you want the seat. The A's will sit 3/4" lower than the B's with almost exactly the same wheel travel. Call him and talk about both. I have the 2-3's and they are awesome. He hit the valving stack dead on, I love these shocks.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 880 Posts

I would not lower a street glide any further - my road king is about half an inch lower than stock with the JRI shocks and I hit my foot boards often, usually making a U-turn in a crowned road. Another half inch (stock SG height) would be problematic. I can't imagine what it would be like another inch lower than that!

Old 09-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Woodys03
Tourer

I am glad to see that the concerns I had are indeed valid. And yes Howard is a great guy to talk to. I am going to go with stock height as I enjoy riding my bike.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:33 PM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Send the seat to Mean City Cycles and have them lower it a little and ask about the "Super Narrow" mod. Then get you some thick soled/heeled logger boots, or something similar and you should be happy, happy, happy.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Woodys03
Tourer

Originally Posted by smithbrl
Send the seat to Mean City Cycles and have them lower it a little and ask about the "Super Narrow" mod. Then get you some thick soled/heeled logger boots, or something similar and you should be happy, happy, happy.
He doesn't redo Le Pera seats. I've spoken with him and I sold my stock seat awhile ago. Looking into a guy in Raleigh for the seat modification.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:58 PM
escalade6103
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodys03
He doesn't redo Le Pera seats. I've spoken with him and I sold my stock seat awhile ago. Looking into a guy in Raleigh for the seat modification.
looks like you have a lepera maverick? i had one of those and it was the best of the many i tried. i absolutely love the built in back rest. lepera will actually recover your lepera seat but its pricy. or maybe call c&c and see if they can. if you do decide to get rid of it pm me and i'd be seriously interested!

Old 09-04-2015, 08:23 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I went the other direction, I raised mine from 12" to 13" - then again I have a 36" inseam and I ride a lot of twisties and I'm planning to put 4.5" extended bags on in the winter....I would recommend stock height for your set-up especially with your extended bags.....

Old 09-04-2015, 08:36 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I am 65 = 5'6" and pretty short inseam - I have had my 04 since 2/04 = dropped the front and back 1" - ride was HELL - I ride two up 98% of the time.. went back to Stock shocks, front and back - I live 80 miles from the Corbin factory and I did the ride in appointment - I LOVE my corbin seat & I also wear these
http://www.danner.com/quarry-logger-...ork-boots.html

You can beat that price if you shop - Those boots have a 2" heel and will help a LOT. I can sit on a factory SG Flat Footed - no problem

Since you have a SG - your back is already down one inch - you can drop the front but it will not ride as well - but look cool... and your bike looks cool

I just got a 2015 Ultra Limited LOW - Back suspension is ok - Front - I am changing to Stock - got a pair of lowers off Ebay for $49 shipped - local chrome shop = $140 - I will buying all the internals for almost 20% off list and no shipping... I will take my Low front shocks and they will sit in the closet - If I ever want to go back.

Looks like you do NOT ride two up??? Drop the front you should be fine.. buy the boots and you should be just fine.

Being short - my feet are just flat footed - can not move my base out much at all - like a Tall guy can.

So, when I stop or pull into a parking lot.. I have to be REAL careful and look... even the slightest dip, hole or stone can make my footing slip and over I go, I have done this twice - once No damage - second got a minor bugger on my left fairing.

From the looks of your COOL bags... a parking lot drop will really mess them up... Ride it and enjoy it...

Quick Reply: Need Insite on lowering or not