Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Lockers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:21 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I have the 103 from my 13 Street Bob when I put in the 120R.

The heads are off because HD put the wrong heads on it without the ACR's. So they sent new ones with a complete gasket set and ACR's. Haven't put it back together yet. I am thinking that it would be a good idea to just put the lockers in now.

I have never heard much noise from my engines but that may be due to old age and hearing difficulty.

I will get a list of a few other things I need for winter projects and email DK Customs.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:32 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,958 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by PTAG
Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused because the manufacturer on your page shows "Manufacturer: DK/Rocker Locker".

I thought you were third person making them.
No, we are not making them, we are the exclusive distributor for harleycruiser aka Rocker Locker.

Sorry for the confusion.

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-06-2015, 06:34 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by lh4x4
I have the 103 from my 13 Street Bob when I put in the 120R.

The heads are off because HD put the wrong heads on it without the ACR's. So they sent new ones with a complete gasket set and ACR's. Haven't put it back together yet. I am thinking that it would be a good idea to just put the lockers in now.

I have never heard much noise from my engines but that may be due to old age and hearing difficulty.

I will get a list of a few other things I need for winter projects and email DK Customs.
Yeah, they vary. I have 3 TC's, and 2 of them made the typical amount of noise which has been significantly reduced with the Rocker Lockers, the 3rd one does not make much top end noise at all...have not put Rocker Lockers in there yet. But I, too, am a bit hard of hearing...or so my wife says.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:45 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,177 Posts

To further clear up any confusion...

Rocker Locker and ROCKOUT are brand names of rocker shaft inserts. Much as Charmin & Softeez are brand names of tissue. And in the same analogy, the products are different. Mine are a different shape, different material, and have different components in the kit. Harley Cruiser and I had a partnership, and filed a patent application together. That partnership ended a while back.

The rest as they say is history.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 10-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by PTAG
No need to beat on the thing with a hammer. .
The video was made with a set of early prototypes when we did not know how much tapering was needed, since then the tooling has been changed for easier installation and tap in very easy or pull in with a bolt.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:55 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

After you install this product you'd have to remove the rocker assembly and drive out the sleeves to remove the rocker arm shafts on any subsequent dis-assembly should that be required.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:09 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Yes, you can loosen all the bolts, then pull one out and install the Rocker Locker, then go to the next. You do NOT need to pull the assembly out of the engine.

If you email us a note asking for the Step-by-Step instructions with pictures, we will email you a PDF of them so you can see how easy it is.

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...s-over-22.html

Old 10-08-2015, 03:41 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
After you install this product you'd have to remove the rocker assembly and drive out the sleeves to remove the rocker arm shafts on any subsequent dis-assembly should that be required.
The Rocker Lockers are very easy to remove, if it is needed, but the only time it would be needed is if the rocker arms needed to be removed from the rocker support plate.

When pulling the top end to do valve work, new jugs, etc., there is no need to remove the rocker arms, thus no need to remove the Rocker Lockers.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:10 PM
harley#1
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey DWK. let us know if this cures the ticking above 2000 . mine is doing the same thing and i have a set on order. thanks.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:18 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,744 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
The Rocker Lockers are very easy to remove, if it is needed, but the only time it would be needed is if the rocker arms needed to be removed from the rocker support plate.

When pulling the top end to do valve work, new jugs, etc., there is no need to remove the rocker arms, thus no need to remove the Rocker Lockers.

If you're into a top end that far you really should inspect the rocker shafts, but you're right, you don't have to.

Hopefully someone will come up with a shouldered bolt that replaces these deals... Gotta be one out there.

Quick Reply: Rocker Lockers