Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Super Pro Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 08:26 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
Default SE Super Pro Tuner

I am weighing out my options for a tuner. Trying to decide between the SE Super Pro Tuner and a Power Vision. My question is regarding the SE tuner and if this is a dealer install or is this something that I can download a map for and flash the ECM? And wondering about the Power Vision and if anyone has any feedback on how well this tuner works? How does this auto tune? Any need for added components?

Old 02-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Auto tune for power vision is an additional purchase - wide band sensors and a module that stays on the bike.

Scroll down and click on the Target Tune tab. http://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-28398-d...er-vision.html

This is what keeps adjusting in real time.

Without target tune, the PV can do what calls Auto Tune which is a matter of mounting your PV to the bike while you ride so it can record while you ride. Using that information, it can then create a new, presumably better, static map which you can flash to your ECM, but under normal operation, the PV itself does not need to stay on the bike, its a flash tuner.

I personally wouldnt buy SE tuner, but thats just me. I like the power vision and its features.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:01 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Does the PV stay on the bike with target tune?

Old 02-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

I went with the Pro. The dealer installed it, and did a dyno tune for it. No problems thus far. And, great, smooth power. But, it's expensive.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:56 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SpiderPig
Does the PV stay on the bike with target tune?
The PV doesnt, but a small module does.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:10 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Techno Research.

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Auto tune for power vision is an additional purchase - wide band sensors and a module that stays on the bike.

Powervision Autotune for the narrow band sensors is NOT an additional purchase and is suitable for most applications.

**adding here that basic autotune came free when I purchased. They may now charge for it.**

Old 02-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,306 Likes on 1,907 Posts

KiethHu and Hausguy are both right. Dynojet Power Vision has Auto Tune Basic which uses the narrow Band O2 sensors that come on the bike and no extra unit is needed to run this Auto Tune. Just hook up the PV put it in Auto Tune mode and follow the instructions. Once done download the tuned map to the ECM and remove the PV. Auto Tune PRO requires the purchase of another module that comes with wide band O2 sensors that need to be installed up near thee cyl. heads. DynoJet also came out with Target Tune for the PV.

At the DynoJet site are many videos that can explain thins better than I can:
http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p....aspx#ytplayer

Old 02-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hausguy
Powervision Autotune for the narrow band sensors is NOT an additional purchase and is suitable for most applications.

**adding here that basic autotune came free when I purchased. They may now charge for it.**
That is true, but not my point, nor what the op was looking for.

PV auto tune is called auto tune, but that is misleading. It does not dynamically adjust while you ride. Target Tune is a separate purchase, and there is a module that stays on the bike that adjusts dynamically

Old 02-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 226 Likes on 142 Posts

With the SESPT you can use "Smart Tune" to fine tune the map although you need to connect it to a Windows computer to modify and flash the tune. The module itself can only record about 15 minutes of data I believe but you are doing it blind hoping to hit all the appropriate areas of the map. I was able to use a Windows tablet tied to my handle bars with "Live Smart Tune" to get a better tune faster since you can see the tables as it gathers info. It can also store much more data when connected to a tablet or computer.

The Power Vision unit with t's own display can record info the same way as the SESPT's Live Smart Tune with out the addition of other computers and tablets. I'll probably go with a Power Vision the next time.

Quick Reply: SE Super Pro Tuner