Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics from my trip to Tel Aviv Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 08:40 AM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Pics from my trip to Tel Aviv Harley Davidson

Thought you folks might be interested in seeing pics I took during a recent trip to Israel. I stopped in at the HD in Holon, right outside of Tel Aviv.

Front entrance. They were setting up for a party for the new owner that just purchased the dealership

Store was pretty small

HD's are definitely a luxury item over there. This is a standard Street Glide. That equates to $55,412.56. Nuts!

Most people over there speak English, so it was very easy to communicate. This employee was extremely helpful, even giving me a discount on the souvenirs that I bought.

It was a really neat experience seeing some America in the middle east. I also got plenty of non HD related pics if any of you are interested. Touring the Old City in Jerusalem and seeing the site of the crucifixion and Jesus' tomb was a once in a lifetime experience. Even without the religious aspect, it was fascinating to be immersed in that much history. It feels like you're walking around on the set of an Indiana Jones movie. I can't wait to go back.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:45 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

So awesome. Being MOT myself, great to see. Share your other pics!

Old 08-23-2016, 09:19 AM
tjconnection
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Pictures are great! It's on my bucket list as well.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:24 AM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

As you requested:

Entrance to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. The site of the "Holy Tomb" of Jesus and the crucifixion

The entrance to the tomb

Artwork next to the crucifixion site

Site of the crucifixion

Artwork in the church

View of the city of Jerusalem from the Old City

Part of the recently discovered city under the Old City. Built by King Herod.

Found some of my counterparts

These guys were really cool

Just incase anyone is wondering what it's like to be 6'3" in an airplane restroom. Big people problems.

The following 2 users liked this post by jpalm:
Airborne350G (08-25-2016), Kruegs (08-26-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 09:31 AM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome Pictures thanks for sharing and more to come?....

The following users liked this post:
talkingrock (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 09:37 AM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice - thanks for sharing -

Old 08-23-2016, 09:59 AM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome pictures and info, thanks for sharing!

Old 08-23-2016, 10:07 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,682 Likes on 825 Posts

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I visited Tel Aviv for just a few hours back in the 80's when our Navy crew stopped in to pic up a passenger. Bought a really cool silver plated tray that I thought was for deviled eggs. Although the indents looked like they were for ostrich eggs. Years later my son was getting married to a Jewish girl. And out of coincidence I was selling some of my things to downsize and get some money for the wedding. I researched this tray to put on ebay. found out it was a Jewish New Year tray. They put different types of food on it and celebrate the new year with family eating off of the tray. I was able to give it to them for one of their wedding gifts. She was excited because her Grandma had one, and her Mother had one. Now her and my Son has one. I remember it was a very friendly atmosphere. Maybe go back some day.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:53 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnut1
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I visited Tel Aviv for just a few hours back in the 80's when our Navy crew stopped in to pic up a passenger. Bought a really cool silver plated tray that I thought was for deviled eggs. Although the indents looked like they were for ostrich eggs. Years later my son was getting married to a Jewish girl. And out of coincidence I was selling some of my things to downsize and get some money for the wedding. I researched this tray to put on ebay. found out it was a Jewish New Year tray. They put different types of food on it and celebrate the new year with family eating off of the tray. I was able to give it to them for one of their wedding gifts. She was excited because her Grandma had one, and her Mother had one. Now her and my Son has one. I remember it was a very friendly atmosphere. Maybe go back some day.
Pretty close.

Its called a Seder plate. Its used at Passover. Helps us commemorate our delivery from Egyptian slavery.

We don't eat off of it directly, its used to hold samples of the various foods we eat at a Seder which have symbolic references to the various aspects of Passover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passover_Seder_plate

Old 08-23-2016, 11:44 AM
Sedonastrider
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Sweet pics and info!

Quick Reply: Pics from my trip to Tel Aviv Harley Davidson