Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best time of year to ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 08:15 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Best time of year to ride

I always look forward to riding in the Fall. The air is always crisp and clean smelling here in Ohio and the fall foliage puts on a spectacular image for the eyes.

Saturday I headed out with a friend to Erie Pa and specifically Presque Isle State Park. We rode the lake route along Lake Erie and the ride was almost surreal, as my mind just focused on the ride and scenery.

Upon reaching our destination we took a break and took in the beautiful view of Lake Erie from the beach. My riding buddy exclaimed, " wow this is like being in a virtual postcard".

As we headed back to where our bikes were parked I stopped for a moment and looked at my bike sitting there. It was at this moment I realized something I had not given much thought to. There parked was probably the last Harley I would ever own and how much I loved riding this bike.

I have been riding Harleys for over 45 years and I know that the connection I have with them has in some measure, made me the person I am now. It will come down to memories and pictures as the years go by but, if you don't make them now what will your golden years be like?

It was a ride my friend and I will savior as we head into the winter. I hope everyone here is doing the same, chronicling those precious moments with friends and your rides.

Some pics of the scoot I am proud to own.

Attached Thumbnails Best time of year to ride-bike3.jpg   Best time of year to ride-bike2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
talkingrock (10-18-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 08:29 AM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Gorgeous CVO King, and I for one "get it" completely. Fall through winter (when it's not raining, which has become a rarity in Cali) are my favorite times of the year to ride. Nothing like a ride up the Pacific Coast Highway on a cold, clear winter day. Nothing.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Nice, what is the rte you took along the lake, been through there plenty, but always 2- 90, is there a different rd along the lake, tnx

Old 10-17-2016, 09:19 AM
SeeJeepCrawl
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

I too like the fall or spring riding. I really enjoy when there is just a little sun...enough to feel the warmth, but not enough to keep you from feeling the temp drop when you ride through a valley.

Wife and I rode down to the Georgia National Fair in Perry GA this weekend and it was perfect.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:21 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=gipper;15601289]Gorgeous CVO King, and I for one "get it" completely.

Thanks Giper but, it is not a CVO. All the mods and numbered paint set were done by me.

tpcowfish = "Nice, what is the rte you took along the lake, been through there plenty, but always 2- 90, is there a different rd along the lake, tnx"

We actually started going out rt 84 east out of Kingsville, oh turning into rt 6 east to rt 18 going north to rt 5 by Lake City, Pa.

Going home take rt 5 west to rt 20 taking you into Conneaut, Oh. From there you catch rt 20 into Conneaut, Oh and pick up rt 531 along the lake. Route 5 going east out of Conneaut follows the lake shoreline also. That is about 135 mi round trip.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:49 AM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

[QUOTE=smokindave;15601429][QUOTE=gipper;15601289]Gorgeous CVO King, and I for one "get it" completely.

Thanks Giper but, it is not a CVO. All the mods and numbered paint set were done by me.

That may be the nicest looking non-CVO King I've ever seen. Nicely finished!

I ride a road glide now, but came from a King, and I will always like Kings.

Enjoy the fall riding!

Old 10-17-2016, 12:26 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Like others have said, in a cage it is like watching a movie - on the bike, you are IN the movie.
Thanks for posting.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:01 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Right now in the Northeast...

Old 10-17-2016, 01:05 PM
Glyder54
Banned
Received 541 Likes on 377 Posts

Except its the rut season for the deer. Theyre thick as fleas out around Amish country.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:07 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Tnx Dave, i'll have to write that down, Like riding in PA and NY,

Quick Reply: Best time of year to ride