Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX - AUX brake light turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts
Default FLHX - AUX brake light turn signals

In the future, I want to maximize the amount of brake light on my FLHX.

[align=left]MOCO released the Street Glide Tri-Bar Light Upgrade - Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light - P/N 68358-07[/align]
Is their a kit for the FLHX to convert the rear turn signals to an auxiliary brake light as well.

They sell one for the V-rod (Bullet turn signals - P/N 69462-06A), but there is a note that it does not meet DOT standards for touring bikes. Why is that?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: FLHX - AUX brake light turn signals

HD sells a module that's a plug and play under your seat that makes the turn signals run/brake/turn lights; list price is about $54. Includes replacement lenses; red for the amber.
Many HDF members have this, including myself, and my buddies tell me the turn signals are very bright and the brake light function very noticeable.

Also, if you do a search, there is a wiring mod for making your current tri-bar LED into a run/brake light. I haven't done this mod yet. I did add the saddlebag liid spoiler/LED HD offers for additional lighting and wired them for turn signal function also; HD standard install had the LED's as run/brake lights.

Check the HD website for the run/brake/turn signal module--great value, IMHO, for $54. You can find it under Touring bikes.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:16 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

You should also look into the Kuryakyn #4859 module, which is similar to the HD unit except it adds the ability for the lights to pulsate when brakes are first applied. This is an attention-getter that I think is important. I bought mine from Eastern Performance for about $70 shipped (Ebay auction).

Now, has anyone found a higher-output replacement bulb for the odd bladed bulb used in the '07 taillights?

Old 06-04-2007, 12:53 PM
johnnyspeed
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had bought the harley kit for my old deuce and it came with longer stand offs for the turn signal because the FMVS regulation say the turn signal must be so many inches away from the tail light, that may be the case.
also i bought two of theKuryakyn kits, one for the wardens bike and one for mine, hers lasted 2 weeks then took a sh*t they swaped it out and it has been good ever since mine did not work wright from the get go so it went back, i bought the harley kit and things have been good all along.
just my 2 cents

Old 06-04-2007, 01:42 PM
robandlyn
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

HD sells a module that's a plug and play under your seat that makes the turn signals run/brake/turn lights; list price is about $54. Includes replacement lenses; red for the amber.
Many HDF members have this, including myself, and my buddies tell me the turn signals are very bright and the brake light function very noticeable.
I have TWO of these available if anyone wants them.
They are used maybe 1 week.
$30 each (includes shipping to the lower 48 States).
Rob .....

Old 06-04-2007, 01:48 PM
serverpimp
Cruiser

Also, if you do a search, there is a wiring mod for making your current tri-bar LED into a run/brake light. I haven't done this mod yet. I did add the saddlebag liid spoiler/LED HD offers for additional lighting and wired them for turn signal function also; HD standard install had the LED's as run/brake lights.

Check the HD website for the run/brake/turn signal module--great value, IMHO, for $54. You can find it under Touring bikes.
I discussed this kit with my trusted parts guy for my Ultra. But he said it was not for the SG because of what Johnnyspeed refers to, that being the distance between the turn signals. I would assume it would still work and the only downside is someone would confuse your turnsignal for brake light going on and off.

I think I'm going to do it for my Ultra and see if will work regardless for the SG.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: robandlyn

I have TWO of these available if anyone wants them.
They are used maybe 1 week.
$30 each (includes shipping to the lower 48 States).
Rob .....
Is this the one you are offering robandlyn.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

If so, is their anything wrong with them. will it fit & work for the FLHX.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:41 PM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the module for the Softail on my Streetglide. It works fine and took all of about 3 minutes. DOT schmee-o-tee. You can also incorporate the module for the fender light, if you like. It hooks into the taillight assembly itself, so it should work. Has anyone done this yet?

Old 06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

ORIGINAL: sweetlu

Is this the one you are offering robandlyn.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

If so, is their anything wrong with them. will it fit & work for the FLHX.
Yes it is ....
No there is NOTHING wrong with either one.
YES it fits the FLHX.

Reason I am selling them is ....
I bought one for the Wife's FLHX last July when she got her 07 and I happen to be riding
her FLHX and she was riding her Dyna behind me and she didn't like how the unit worked.
So I took it off and forgot I had it with all the other take off stuff we got from all the
bikes. This year I got a 07 Ultra and bought ANOTHER module and put it on and with all
the lights on the Ultra the Wife said she couldn't tell when my brake lights were on.
So when I took of my 2nd module and put it with the other take off stuff I found the 1st one ....lol
If anyone wants them just PM me here.
Rob .....
and I installed it

Old 06-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Gunhunter
Intermediate

disregard

Quick Reply: FLHX - AUX brake light turn signals