Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Speakers Neodymium Magnets Hi-Perf

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:09 PM
alexcue
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: J&M Speakers Neodymium Magnets Hi-Perf

Hey I like the J&M stuff personally also, use their headset and their shorty antenna with good results. Some people have had problems with the antenna (and headset, if i recall). I'd like to compare the speakers with Hogtunes myself. It will be my next vanity purchase.

Either one is on my list, just need to choose?

Old 06-19-2007, 10:47 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

To all that I may have offended ....sorry. I was just stating my opinion. Some people are too thin skinned to handle it.

I did learn two things today.

1) I am not titled to my opinion and express it as some other forum members. Oh wait, my wife told me that years ago so I guess I'm used to it.

2) Size does not matter so my small magnutz are a good thing. Wait my wife is home, I'll be right back.

Guess we are all wrong as she says size DOES matter...go figure.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:43 AM
two dogs
Cruiser

PLease!!!!![sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 07-29-2007, 02:36 PM
tullious
Intermediate

I bought a used '03 Aniversary Edition Ultra Classic last August. Around 60 mph the sound started to become distorted. Terrible around 70...

I finally decided to replace the front and rear speakers with J&M. When I received them from my wife for my Birthday (love ya honey), I was shocked to discover that I had Hog Tunes speakers in my ride! The speakers are listed at 5.75 Ohms (usual rating and not 2, 4 or 8 Ohms).

For the record I have an OEM 8 Ohm system that drives the speakers.

So I went and replaced the Hog Tunes with the new J&M speakers. Wow what a difference at higher speeds! At low speeds up to45 mph they sound very similar but the J&M sound cleaner at higher speeds since they are listed at 8 Ohms in lieu of 5.75 Ohms so they are a perfect match to my 8 Ohm sound system. The J&M front speakers are a basic low-tech component type with a separate mid-bass speaker plus atweeter mounted in the supplied grills instead of a traditional two-way, one-piece design by Hog Tunes.

I am now selling these Hog Tunes speakers.

Any offers???

Old 11-11-2010, 12:13 AM
jackboed
Stage I

Are they really as powerful ?

neodymium magnets

Old 11-11-2010, 01:27 AM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Powerful enough to draw this old thread back!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:55 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kruzin
Just wondering how many times I need to see the same install pictures over and over again,,,, and having sales here,,,,take it to the vendors forum,,,,

some things never will change, beware don't read the sticky about 7.25 J&M speaker REVIEW, 29 pages and most comments were the manufacturer and a seller, honestly spent 1 1/2 hours and only found a few unbiased opinions...a lil overkill,lol but the J&M amplified speakers I used on my ol roadking were nice and the hogtunes in my batwing I also liked. Pez gave great customer service
but have to remember its the sponsors that keep the forum going, I like supporting them but prefer the quieter ones,,,lol

Last edited by leohd; 11-11-2010 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:31 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Bryan ,,,,,,

yes, the cooling fins are part function and part looks ,,,,,,, as I knew no one would believe me if I tried to sellthe fairing speakers with a magnet that looks like the ones for the rear position ,,,, ((see the comparision below)) JMJOHN ,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,

OK, wait a minute........

My 7.25's don't have a magnet that looks like that. My magnet looks like the lower pic.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:53 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
OK, wait a minute........

My 7.25's don't have a magnet that looks like that. My magnet looks like the lower pic.
Yours would look the same if they had the same plastic cooling fins on the outside of the magnet.

I had bought some for my old Road Glide that looked the one's in the top photo.They do look more high tech with the fins.

I dont see how plastic fins can be a heatsink?At least I think they are plastic.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 1flhtk4me
Yours would look the same if they had the same plastic cooling fins on the outside of the magnet.

I had bought some for my old Road Glide that looked the one's in the top photo.They do look more high tech with the fins.

I dont see how plastic fins can be a heatsink?At least I think they are plastic.
The plastic stuff's a worthless, a marketing tool at best.I remember figuring that out a few years ago from reading here on HDF,funny to see it's still the same old stuff in 2010.I won't say what 4 speakers I roll with,but their customer service is outstanding.

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Bryan ,,,,,,

yes, the cooling fins are part function and part looks ,,,,,,, as I knew no one would believe me if I tried to sell the fairing speakers with a magnet that looks like the ones for the rear position ,,,, ((see the comparision below)) JMJOHN ,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,