Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Product review - Center Stand for Touring Models

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 04:03 PM
bogiediver
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Product review - Center Stand for Touring Models

Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stand

Looking for a way to take up a little less room parking, be it in the garage or on your next group ride? Or maybe you just want to have your bike upright while cleaning it without using a lift? Got the answer right here: the Wheeldock EZ-UP center stand.

This item is advertised as installing in less than five minutes – right, something installed on a Harley that takes less than five minutes. Not only is it true, but it only comes close to taking five minutes if you include the time it takes to get the ¾ inch wrench from your tool box. Comes with everything you need (except the wrench) to bolt on to the ‘bow-tie’ support that is below the transmission case, spanning the lower frame rails. In the ‘bow-tie’ are two 1.5 inch holes – into these you drop the square plate nuts, with the attached 1.5 inch washers that locate the nuts perfectly, position the stand and install the two bolts. Tighten ‘er up and you’re done. The printed instructions take you thru the process in good fashion. No modifications to the bike are required. The stand uses the frame rails to support the weight of the bike.

The center stand is available for Touring models in three versions, depending on if you have had the suspension lowered – check their website for fitment availability. Each version has the stand’s leg length matched to the suspension. This allows you to put your bike up on the center stand WITHOUT first having to get off (hope it’s obvious that a passenger would need to exit first). You pull into your spot; make sure you’re in neutral, press down on the foot lever until you feel the stand squarely on the two pads, then stand up while continuing to press on the lever while you pull back on the handlebars (being sure not to be holding the brake, of course). You can also place the bike on the center stand in the old fashioned way by standing along side it and stepping down on the foot lever while pulling back on the left grip and pulling up on the left saddlebag guard (or other location where you have a firm grip). The center stand does not lift the rear wheel off the ground, which allows being able to use the stand before getting off the bike – and, when ready to go, allows you to simply start ‘er up, put ‘er in gear and drive off the stand. The spring loaded mechanism brings the stand back up along the underside of the frame.

The foot lever is not intrusive when the stand is stowed and hasn’t interfered with some fairly aggressive lean angles tested. The unit is quality welded and black powder coated for durability, and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

It only took a few tries to learn the technique to be able to stand the bike before getting off. This writer highly recommends the Wheeldock EZ-UP center stand for anyone wanting the convenience and stability of a center stand for their Touring model Harley-Davidson. Categorize it as a Great Buy. Be sure to tell them ‘bogie’ sent you.

Wheeldock
502 Kinnick Rd.
Stillwater, OK 74074

Rod Brakhage, President
Phone: 405-743-8080
Email: wheeldock@wheeldock.com
[font=arial][size=2]On the web

Old 07-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Product review - Center Stand for Touring Models

Old 07-17-2007, 07:49 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]on your period again?[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=joke.gif][sm=smarty.gif]

Old 07-17-2007, 07:49 PM
DelawareDon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bogiediver....Does the jiffystand still remain attached and is it functional after attaching the EZ-UP centerstand?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DD: You leave the jiffy-stand in place to use when the ground situation won't let you use the center stand. I have the same center stand, just a different name. I use it always when parking in the garage and always when the parking spot is close to level and firm enough. One can always raise the rear tire off the ground by placing a 1"x4 or 6" board under the center stand. I need someone else to give me a little pull while doing that. I too recommend the addition of a center stand to any touring bike. .......... BC

Old 07-17-2007, 09:14 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

I got a similar center stand recently and an unmentioned side benefit of the center stand is realized while touring. Not only does it make it easier to clean the scooter's left side, but after putting it to bed for the nite....It looks like a Winger all covered up and straight. So no one will bother your bike. We all know no one wants to bother with a Winger...LOL

Old 07-17-2007, 09:42 PM
CornbredNE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will this center stand work in conjunction with the True track or the other rear swingarm stabilizers? I'm looking at getting one of them, but I'd like the center stand as well.

David

Old 07-17-2007, 09:44 PM
bogiediver
Cruiser

It has been suggested that I clarify where I am coming from on these products reviews…

I freelance write product reviews for a women’s motorcycling magazine – as a volunteer (i.e. not paid).

I do not work for any company whose products I review. I simply post my opinions of what I feel are useful products that others may not have heard of and might be interested in.

Like the majority of other threads – just passing along one person’s thought on certain products – nothing more, nothing less – maybe just in a little more formal fashion.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:47 PM
bogiediver
Cruiser

CornbredNE -

I am not familar with the mounting point of the frame stablizer, so I cannot answer your question.

As mentioned, the stand mounts on the 'bow tie' crossmember below the trans...

If you have a link to the stablizer website - I'm sure I could get the answer for you.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:48 PM
beemer737
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one, I like it.

Quick Reply: Product review - Center Stand for Touring Models