Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Customer Service?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:53 PM
oley55
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corbin Customer Service?????

here I sit with $1,300+ dollars invested in Corbin Seat products for my FLHTC, (Dual touring seat, drivers backrest, and tour pack backrest). Bought the tour pack back rest at the Ormond Beachstore on February 24, 2007. Last week I foundthe leading edge of the tour pack arm rest has a very sharp base plate underneath thatis/has cut through the seat coveringmaterial (not leather).

I call the the Ormand Beach, FL store where it was bought and installed and ask if I can drive 98 miles to their store to get a replacement. The answer is NO, theywill not replace it. Corbin will take it off and ship it to California to correct the problem. I say wait a minute, what am I supposed to do while your shipping you poorly manufactured backrest around the country. They answer, "well you should still have your original backresttouse while we recover (our poorly manufactured) the backrest." I respond, BS, at whatI paid there should be noreason for me to have kept theOEM backrest to use in case yourCorbin product failed.Thisbozo ( Dave or Dan) then tells me, if your car is broke Ford doesn't give you a new car, they repair it. I respond, you're right, but if the seat is broke in my Ford,they put in a new seat. Your Corbin seat is broke, replace it. He then tells me most people wait until the off season to send stuff back, so it has less impact. I wonder to myself,when is the off season inFlorida, or even California???

As it sits now, I will drive down to Ormond Beach tomorrow morning with the Corbin Back rest strapped to the luggage rack with my OEM backrest reinstalled (yes I still have it) so Corbin can send their poorly manufactured and over pricedbackrest off to California for recovering. I did pin them down to shipping the recovered backreat to my home. (Oh Boy, at least I don't have to drive up and down the state of Florida with a spare backrest strapped to my bike!)

Although I do like my Corbin saddle, having read a lot of great reports about Mustang seats, if I could do this over again, I wouldnever,ever go with Corbin.

Yep-per, I am pissed!!! I stupidly expected, that by going with the most expensive seat on the market, I was getting something more than just a seat requiring 2K miles for break-in, I thought I was also getting some customer service.I was wrong!

Unless there is a significante change in customer service when I get to the store tomorrow, Corbin can eat my **** and die. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

Old 07-28-2007, 04:34 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Corbin Customer dis-Service?????

Next time, check out the Russell seats......quality, TRUE custom fit AND outstandin' service!

Old 07-28-2007, 04:46 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Corporate America at its finest.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Have you tried calling the corporate office in California and escalating your issue? Before you drive 98 miles (looking like the Camplets I might add....) I would give them a call. My suggestion is to start out nice as pie and be firm in your stance. I bet you they make it right.

Just kidding on the Clampets part.......

Old 07-28-2007, 04:55 PM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry bout ur experience with them, dude. Sadly...this is typical Corbin.

I've got their beetle bags on my VTX. Took em 3 freakin tries (back 'n forth) to finally get the finish somewhat right...all for the low, low price of $1300 for flawed and poorly design fiberglasssaddlebags. Lesson learned.

Although, I love my Corbin Dual Tourer seat, I hate their customer service and quality control.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:57 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I am one of the lucky ones ( I live within a 90 min ride to the Hollister factory) I have hear and read many horror stories like this on on their Customer service - I really do Not understand why - I have had three HD's since 96 and all have had the Corbin - On the last two, I did their "ride in app" and have been 110% satisfied - With that said - I agree with the above poster - Call CA and complain. These seats and anything but cheap and you should have gotten a better job, mistakes do happen and had this sales person handled matter better - you would not be as pissed. For those close to Hollister and are interested in a Corbin - The ride in appoitments work like this... You show up at about 0800 and by around 2pm you are riding out on a Custome seat made to YOUR BUTT. You will have several "Fittings" and trial rides on your seat. When it is To YOUR liking, then it is covered. Then all is inspected by your and the builder and off you go... Your old seat can be mailed home from Corbin. I have even ridden mine for a few months and the wife was not happy with how "she" designed it... Back to Corbin for a FREE adjustment - this meant removing the cover and doing what ever she wanted and then recover it - all Free... My only point here is - In Person - Customer service is Great... Mail order not as good - sorry to say...

Old 07-28-2007, 05:49 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: oley55

here I sit with $1,300+ dollars invested in Corbin Seat products for my FLHTC, (Dual touring seat, drivers backrest, and tour pack backrest). Bought the tour pack back rest at the Ormond Beachstore on February 24, 2007. Last week I foundthe leading edge of the tour pack arm rest has a very sharp base plate underneath thatis/has cut through the seat coveringmaterial (not leather).

I call the the Ormand Beach, FL store where it was bought and installed and ask if I can drive 98 miles to their store to get a replacement. The answer is NO, theywill not replace it. Corbin will take it off and ship it to California to correct the problem. I say wait a minute, what am I supposed to do while your shipping you poorly manufactured backrest around the country. They answer, "well you should still have your original backresttouse while we recover (our poorly manufactured) the backrest." I respond, BS, at whatI paid there should be noreason for me to have kept theOEM backrest to use in case yourCorbin product failed.Thisbozo ( Dave or Dan) then tells me, if your car is broke Ford doesn't give you a new car, they repair it. I respond, you're right, but if the seat is broke in my Ford,they put in a new seat. Your Corbin seat is broke, replace it. He then tells me most people wait until the off season to send stuff back, so it has less impact. I wonder to myself,when is the off season inFlorida, or even California???

As it sits now, I will drive down to Ormond Beach tomorrow morning with the Corbin Back rest strapped to the luggage rack with my OEM backrest reinstalled (yes I still have it) so Corbin can send their poorly manufactured and over pricedbackrest off to California for recovering. I did pin them down to shipping the recovered backreat to my home. (Oh Boy, at least I don't have to drive up and down the state of Florida with a spare backrest strapped to my bike!)

Although I do like my Corbin saddle, having read a lot of great reports about Mustang seats, if I could do this over again, I wouldnever,ever go with Corbin.

Yep-per, I am pissed!!! I stupidly expected, that by going with the most expensive seat on the market, I was getting something more than just a seat requiring 2K miles for break-in, I thought I was also getting some customer service.I was wrong!

Unless their is a significante change in customer service when I get to the store tomorrow, Corbin can eat my **** and die. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
i think your being a little picky.. if your ford stitching comes apart in your truck they replace the cover... they DO NOT replace your seat.... seems resaonable to me....

apparently your smart enough to research before you bought which means you did not feel they were overpriced, but worth the money when you purchased the set up in the first place.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:19 PM
oley55
Road Captain

and there in lies the reality. If you are not visiting or able to go to Holister you are screwed. i.e .the new and wonderful Ormond Beach Store. Due to their own ineptitude, the Ormand location is zoned against light manufacturing. They bought the location with the anticipation of being able to do similar work as in Holister. Nope, they screwed that up and can't do what was planned or required. So now it is just a Store Front with no real on-site service. In my world, folks get fired for failure to apply the seven Ps (Proper Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance).

In early February I went in for a custom fit seat at the "brand new"(they didn't evan have their fancy sign up yet and it was a secret they couldn't provide the same service as in Holister) Ormond Beach store and they had to order it from Holister.When received at the house it sat higher than the the out of the box seat I had tried and rejectedat the store. I had to wait untilBike week for their seat guru to travel to Daytona/Ormond for bike week toadjust. That's rightDaytona and the east coast doesn't rate on site adjustments except during bike week.Yes I investedat least two tripsto this point, (but what the heck, a trip anywhere and especially for areason is always a positive for me.)It was the last trip on 2/24when Ibought the tour pack backrest.

in reppronseto one of the posts:I say; "if you can not travel to Holister, Corbin service is NO better than anyother mail order outfit." Corbin justcharges twice as much as everyone else.

And as to calling their Holister HQ and talking nice. Bull ****! Their sales rep was pretty clear, Replacementis NOT the company policy. PERIOD, get over it. At the price of their products, I shouldn't have to go to the Prez to resolve a simple and obvious manufacturing defect.

One canonly hope someone who counts in their organizationsees customer issues like this and changes the policy. My **** ant issueshould not require upper levelcorporate intervention. I will live with and deal with their current policies and take every opportunity to share my dissappoinment with others. And before I leave the house tomorrow morning I plan to print this thread and give it to the wonderful folks at Ormand Beach Corbin.

[quote]ORIGINAL: harley0711

I am one of the lucky ones ( I live within a 90 min ride to the Hollister factory) I have hear and read many horror stories like this on on their Customer service - I really do Not understand why - I have had three HD's since 96 and all have had the Corbin - On the last two, I did their "ride in app" and have been 110% satisfied - With that said - I agree with the above poster - Call CA and complain. These seats and anything but cheap and you should have gotten a better job, mistakes do happen and had this sales person handled matter better - you would not be as pissed. For those close to Hollister and are interested in a Corbin - The ride in appoitments work like this... You show up at about 0800 and by around 2pm you are riding out on a Custome seat made to YOUR BUTT. You will have several "Fittings" and trial rides on your seat. When it is To YOUR liking, then it is covered. Then all is inspected by your and the builder and off you go... Your old seat can be mailed home from Corbin. I have even ridden mine for a few months and the wife was not happy with how "she" designed it... Back to Corbin for a FREE adjustment - this meant removing the cover and doing what ever she wanted and then recover it - all Free... My only point here is - In Person - Customer service is Great.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:37 PM
oley55
Road Captain

it's not stitching we are talking about. the underlying base plate for the entire backrest is like a sharp knife pushing through the foam and vinyl covering. The underlying base plate needs to be reshaped or cushioned to prevent it from cutting through again. the covering isn't defective, the backbone of the backrest is defective.

If I had relized the problem before it had cut throughvinyl-hide, I would have drilled out the rivits, pulled back the covering,and fixed it myself. But it's too late for that.

PICKY, I don't think so. I only used Ford because the Bozo used Ford. Being a GM guy, if my GM seat breaks, they replace the seat.Replacing the seat covering of a broken seat will not fixthe seat.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

I was considering the purchase of a Corbin seat. I will now wait until I see how they handle your issue.
They may not solve your problem but I promise you they won't get my money.
Not bragging but I take customer service very serious, and I can afford to buy any seat they make.
Good luck

Quick Reply: Corbin Customer Service?????