Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well Crap, dead horse..

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:02 PM
WingIt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well Crap, dead horse..

Well I've had my new Road King a month to the day today. Came home for lunch and was getting ready to go back, fired her up and was backing it out of the driveway when all of a sudden she quit, I'm thinking what the Hell !!! so I turned everything off then turned the ignition back on and lights came on and it cycled thru its little deal it does, turned the kill switch on and I couldn't hear the fuel pump and the little engine light didn't come on like it usually does.

Well I pushed it back into the garage and when I got home from work tried it again and was getting some kind of error code on the speedo. The only thing I really have done to it was last week put some new grips on it so I went back and took a look to see if I pinched any wires and checked the fuse for the fuel pump and didn't see anything that looked bad plus I've been driving it for over a week since I did that.. I guess I just lucky it did it in my driveway and not down the road somewhere but it really kinda p!sses me off.

Guess I'll call the stealer tomorrow and see if they will tow it in and check it out, but if I remember correctly I believe they are down this week because there moving to there new location.. Just my luck.. Not sure why I posted this seeing I don't think there is anything anyone can help me with over the internet but I'm just really ticked. And the kicker to this is tomorrw my Fuel Pak and high flow air filter is suppoed to be here and was getting amped up to install it..

Well thanks for listening to my little rant.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts
Default RE: Well Crap, dead horse..

What's the error code you are getting?

Old 09-11-2007, 11:19 PM
WingIt
Advanced

Well I'm really not up on this code stuff but it looked like it said something like this:

P55PL
NORSP

Not sure if that means anything is or is actually the error code..

Old 09-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Well crap, I thought my service manual might have something in it to decifer codes, but guess not. Looks like a trip to the dealer is in the cards. Anyone else have access to the trouble code translations?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:54 AM
DelawareDon
Cruiser

I could find nothing in any of the HD DTC codes that looks like either of these.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:13 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just checked my error codes and these don't show up. If your bike's an '08, maybe they have some new codes. Before you have the bike towed I'd call a couple of dealers and ask what these codes are. Might give you a hint what to look at.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Asmodeus
Tourer

I had pretty much the same issue with my 07 RKC... Several times it just shut down on me while riding... The final time was trying to back out the garage and I had exactly what you had happen... The code that flashed for me was useless it was a "Running Rich" and they reset the idle too with no help.. The 2nd time in the shop someone from the MOCO told them to reflash the ECM and to replace the off/run switch... I've another 800 miles on her since and it hasn't happened again. I don't know if yours is the same, but good luck!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 AM
WingIt
Advanced

Mine is a 07 RK also and thats what it seems like is its getting no power from the on/off switch. Starter button won't work, nothing after turning the kill switch on.. Well I'll have to give the dealer a call as soon as they open..

Old 09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Maple Leaf Hog
Advanced

My 06 EG Std with EFI did something quite similar. I was showing bike to neighbours and firing it up.
How embarasing when nothing at all happened. If I remember right all that was wrong was the ECM fuse blew.
Changed it and all ok since. Keep spare fuses with me just in case.
Don't know if problem is same but it is an easy check.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22010/4D6B0CDE3740404FA6537F5722B7DC2F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-12-2007, 11:44 AM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

The NORPS i believe means no response from the ECM or sensors. Check the ECM fuse and go from there.

Quick Reply: Well Crap, dead horse..