Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bagger Frame for Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:19 PM
profinish
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bagger Frame for Road Glide

Anyone have anything on Fat Bagger or other Mfg. of wide bagger frames?... I'm looking to buy a frame and need input.

Thx

Old 11-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bagger Frame for Road Glide

Klock Werks is selling some.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:36 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: profinish

Anyone have anything on Fat Bagger or other Mfg. of wide bagger frames?... I'm looking to buy a frame and need input.

Thx
I know I might be the one that put this thought into your head. But, as Socal pappy reminded me, if you change the frame, you can no longer have it registered as a Harley. You will have to have a built title, unless the company you buy from is registered bike builder. Meaning, their frames have to have a manufacture title. If you get a custom type frame, you might have issues registering the bike, and insuring it. Just thought I might remind you of this.

EDIT: BTW, the company I was referring to when I mentioned this in the other post is, http://www.rollingthunderframes.com/results.html. I had to go look through my mags to find it, but it states...

RT's Bagger - King of all Frames

Once you really take a good look at this frame little needs to be said other than it’s a welcome change. It’s perfectly straight and all the components are designed to fit into the appropriate positions flawlessly. More than any other frame, RT’s Bagger truly showcases the power behind Rolling Thunder’s manufacturing prowess. The frame and sheet metal symmetry optimize the latest in frame building engineering technology: our C.M.M. Arm established the measurements, and our CNC Laser cuts razor sharp time and again.
Available as a direct replacement frame or 200mm tire application, it accepts stock OEM drive train components and plug ins for up to 2005 wiring harnesses and modules. Other features include improved neck configuration, as well as provision for fork OEM lock mechanisms. For custom applications, this frame is also available with a tubular backbone for flexibility on downtube and backbone stretch and rakes.

Tire Size:180/200mm
Frame Style:Rubbermount
Tube Size:1 1/8"

Motor Style:Evolution
Down-Tube Bendual

Down-Tube Stretch:0"
Backbone Stretch:0"
Rake:32°

Old 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The custom bagger I buildingis based onaRolling Thunder 200mm wide tire frame. I opted for the 1 1/4" front down tubes. Otherwise stock. The rear wheel setup is from FBI in Iowa and includes the 1/2 in offset primary spacers, jackshaft extension, solid rear wheel, etc. Be aware a stock seat will NOT fit the wide tire frame. Saddleman worked with me to make a seat for the RWD 6 gallon stretched tank I installed. You can buy a seat from RWD for the tank but remember, it fits a stock width frame (not a 200mm wide tire). I just ordered the last major component, Baker DD6 with 1/2" extended mainshaft. The frame needed very little prep before being sent out for powder coating.
I'm a shade tree mechanic building my first bike. I wouldn't hesistate to buy another Rolling Thunder frame. Not only is the product good, the customer service when you have a question is GREAT.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Bad Dad
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

We have a customer who is working with one of these. We have not seen the frame yet, but he speaks very highly of it. The frame is supposed to be heading our way soon, and so far I have only heard good things.

http://www.chopperguys.com/id163.htm

Old 11-01-2007, 07:54 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts

Chopper guys are doing a great kit. Either a 26 degree rake or a 30 degree rake for the person who wishes not as much control at turns but better at taking your hands off the bars and “going to sleep” (not really but you get the idea) on the straight highway. They are bolt on 200mm wide tire & fuel tanks that are wrapped around the seat. I know first hand (I do not own a Chopper guys frame) how a 26 degree inverted front forks works and they are very smooth, much more smoother than every other stock bagger out there is regardless weather they have Gold emulators or even Traxxon Dynamics cartridges installed. We make our own forks & install them on stock frames which already have 26 degree neck rake. No, I do not know the guys there, no, I make no money out of this, but I have seen their product. Just add this to your to-do list is all I am saying.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Big_Joe
Novice

ORIGINAL: profinish

Thx
We helped design the frame along with Rolling Thunder and have done quite a bit of R&D with the frame. The first frame they manufactrued was for our Discovery channel build which we race on the Salt Flats. We have built several customs on this platform with varying geometry changes. For the most part everything from a stock bike can transfer over. There are some obvious changes with offset and dimensional/geometry changes. And of course wider rear fender, wheel, etc.Like any aftermarket frame some things need to be tweaked or modified to work in an altered frame.. If you use a drop seat version you will make more changes that a stock seat height frame. Like seat, side covers and electical. Like anything you need the right recipe of parts to have a smooth build.

We do offer a stretched rear fender to fit the 200 frames in either a 2" or 6" longer than stock version. They are heavy steel, very smooth and fitvery well. All the rear fenders come with mounting holes in stock locations for ease of fitment. The Rolling Thunder frame we use and sell uses as much stock geometry and hardware locationsas possible. Significant changes come when you have either a drop seat or change in stretch of the frame.

Hope this is some good food for thought.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:05 AM
mopar7
Tourer

try
http://www.fatbaggers.com/index.html

Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Not to Hi-jack here but...

Klockwerks...awesome folks.
Thanks for puttingthe pipes on my bike during Myrtle Beach Bike Week Joe.The upper covers I bought came out great. Believe it or not, I rattle canned them.
Tell the folks up there, we'll see ya'll next year. Glad to see one of you guys finally made it to the forum.

lp

ORIGINAL: Big_Joe

We helped design the frame along with Rolling Thunder and have done quite a bit of R&D with the frame. The first frame they manufactrued was for our Discovery channel build which we race on the Salt Flats. We have built several customs on this platform with varying geometry changes. For the most part everything from a stock bike can transfer over. There are some obvious changes with offset and dimensional/geometry changes. And of course wider rear fender, wheel, etc.Like any aftermarket frame some things need to be tweaked or modified to work in an altered frame.. If you use a drop seat version you will make more changes that a stock seat height frame. Like seat, side covers and electical. Like anything you need the right recipe of parts to have a smooth build.

We do offer a stretched rear fender to fit the 200 frames in either a 2" or 6" longer than stock version. They are heavy steel, very smooth and fitvery well. All the rear fenders come with mounting holes in stock locations for ease of fitment. The Rolling Thunder frame we use and sell uses as much stock geometry and hardware locationsas possible. Significant changes come when you have either a drop seat or change in stretch of the frame.

Hope this is some good food for thought.
[IMG]local://upfiles/7297/8E9AC0415EEE457AA587BECCEF64131A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-03-2007, 07:57 AM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto on thanks to Klockwerks. They made the fender for the Rolling Thunder frame I'm working on. I didn't want a full coverage fender (want to show off that 200mm tire). Did an awesome job! And I have to mention their customer service is superb. I'm a shade tree mechanic and they have anwered every question I've had. You can't ask for better...

Quick Reply: Fat Bagger Frame for Road Glide