Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:15 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm wonder why you don't buy the HD LED Signal lights.Then you have the option of having running lights or not.They are more expensive,140.00,but there are some 20% discounters,that will bring it down to 112.00.
I had the original module (06) on my 06 standard,because I didn't like the run mode aswell.Now I have the LEDs on my 09 and have the run mode hooked up,it isn't too bright,it matches the intensity of the LED Tail light,and there is a big difference between the run and brake brightness.JMHO

Old 01-15-2011, 08:52 AM
rare100thHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Easiest fix, remove the center bulb from the light on the fender. Cut off the wire that goes to the run light filiment. Plug it back in put lens backon. Their ya go! The HD or Badlands modulator will give you the running lights onthe side signals and the center will be off totally until you hit the Brakes! Simple Quick and very very safe... Works kinda like the center brake light in the back window of cars.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:34 PM
leafman60
Road Captain
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Darnit, I wish I had read this thread before buying the H-D conversion kit for my '09 FXD. It does not work well. There is not enough difference in the running light intensity and the signal/brake light intensity.

For me, the more light out back, the better. I WANT running lights. I guess I can ditch the H-D unit although The Factory needs some input back on this.

I know how to make one myself that will work but does anyone have a part number for the connectors under the seat that power the rear lighting?

Old 04-21-2011, 10:32 PM
SG Scott
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inop tail light

Just installed the HD kit on my 06 SG. the running light function on the center light doesnt work nor do the license plate lights. I think i got a defective unit. Id almost like it if the license plate bulbs worked at all times and the center light only turned on during braking. that would be pretty noticable. I imagine making your own kit would be pretty easy. alittle wiring and a relay im sure YOU (not me) could figure it out.