Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prblem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 AM
oneshotdog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prblem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Turn signal module adds an auxiliary brake light and running light function to your existing turn signals for auxiliary rear lighting. Easy-to-install, the kit simply plugs into your existing wiring harness. Red turn signal lenses are included. Meets DOT requirements.

To disable the running lights so that the signal lights only come on with the brake lights is a relitivly easy fix

when you look at the modulator there is a male connection a female connection and the modulator it's self/

Cut the 2 blue wires leading into and out of the modulator, and join these two wires togeather.
Join the reamining 2 blue wires so that the modulator is bypassed.
Cut the Red and Yellow wire between the modulator and the female side.
Join the Red /yellow wire with the two blue wires from the modulator

thats it no more running lights, just brake and signal.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46843/BDF63B1B29B84782B7194A355D7EEB8A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-24-2007, 04:25 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: prblem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

I would think that you would want more running lights? I do!

My turn rear signals don't have running lights feature. Bike came stock with just amber blinkers and tail light.

Put a module in mine to make the blinkers have stop light function as well and changed the lenses from amber to red. The module that I've got does not make them operate as running lamps!

I have reciently bought a set of front signals that are wired for dual filimant bulbs that I'm going to swap into the rears and make mine have running lights.

If you don't want your signals to be running lights why cut all the wires on the module, just take the module out?

Old 11-24-2007, 05:02 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: problem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

I agree what would you buy a run turn and brake then cut it up? I have always been of the mind set you can't have enough lights on the back of any bike.... Any help you can get to let cagers know you are there is a very wise move I think.... I have a couple of friends that have been ripped in the A$$....and have since added the modulate Run Turn and Brake and believe me they would never cut them up......Just my 2 cents again...Like it or not this is what mine looks like....

Jer

Old 11-24-2007, 05:37 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: prblem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

Good Lights

Did you have to get a load equalizer for the extra lights?

Thank You

Old 11-24-2007, 05:45 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master

No, I just used the wires that were there and so far no problems....We have 45 amp charging systems on the newer bikes and the wire is heavy enough to handle the extra lights....

Jer

Old 11-24-2007, 06:21 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White Knight 04 Now thats what I'm talking about!

Old 11-24-2007, 06:46 AM
gabhart
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: problem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

White Knight 4....where did you get the LED light bar that is mounted under your tour pack? I need to put one on my Christmas list ASAP!

I agree with having massive lights in the rear of a bike.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: gabhart

White Knight 4....where did you get the LED light bar that is mounted under your tour pack? I need to put one on my Christmas list ASAP!

I agree with having massive lights in the rear of a bike.
http://www.hoglite.com/

Old 11-24-2007, 08:01 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master

Bought it at a truckers chrome shop off of I 75 in Fla. around Ocala ... Price wasn't bad $38 plus the 2 chrome spacers that have to go between it and the tour pack I think I had about $43 in the whole setup......I go down there every winter tho I am going late this year Feb. I will hit the chrome shop again......

Jer

Old 11-24-2007, 08:15 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ram

I would think that you would want more running lights? I do!

My turn rear signals don't have running lights feature. Bike came stock with just amber blinkers and tail light.

Put a module in mine to make the blinkers have stop light function as well and changed the lenses from amber to red. The module that I've got does not make them operate as running lamps!

I have reciently bought a set of front signals that are wired for dual filimant bulbs that I'm going to swap into the rears and make mine have running lights.

If you don't want your signals to be running lights why cut all the wires on the module, just take the module out?
Up to about 2 years ago, the MoCo had a brake/turn signal module (#69461-06) that they replaced with a newer module (#69461-06A) which added the running light feature. Great idea in theory, but the problem was that the brake light function was barely brighter than the running light feature. It was pointed out to me on more than one occassion by more than one person. Unfortunately, I had sold my original module. I went back to my dealer and they no longer carried the older version. I then searched for months on the internet and found a dealer who had the older model and quickly snatched it up.

Now don't get me wrong, coz I am all in favor of having more lights and being seen. I have HD's LED tourpak and saddlebag running/brake light spoiler kits and a HogLite mounted under my tourpak, as well as HD's LED saddlebag latches which function as running and turn signal lights. But I would much rather have a brake light come on from the off mode to full bright than from the on mode to just barely brighter mode. It's all about getting their attention. Kudos to oneshotdog for coming up with an alternative fix.

Any chance of getting a pic of the finished module? For those of us that need a visual as well as a written description?

Quick Reply: prblem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit