Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

right or wrong, agree or not, win or lose

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:07 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default right or wrong, agree or not, win or lose

It is done.
The judge signed off on my small claims filing and motion of discovery to
produce documents and etc.
I got fed up with the "it's normal, HD knows about and won't do anything"
excuses, and the refusal to cover warrantable items under warranty (spin
doctoring every thing so they don't cover it). It's environmental damage
caused from riding the bike outdoors in the elements, etc.
three times into the shop for same complaint (loss of power, unable to maintain
a set speed or unable to accelerate ). defective chrome (brand new), deteriorated
dash panel, passenger backrest arm rests are tearing underneath And theft of personal
property.
apparently the judge felt my complaint had merit so he signed off on it, and felt I
Had a right to have access to documents (invoice, tech notes etc) on my bike,
and HD's full documented reasoning (their in house manual) of why items were not being
repaired under warranty. He signed off on them and now the defendants must produce
them for me.
I named the owner and service manager of Sun Harley Davidson in Thornton, Colorado
and Thundermountain Harley Davidson of Loveland, Colorado, and Harley Davidson CEo James Ziemer as defendants.
I know these people are not going to want to drop everything and appear in small claims court.
But they do have to respond to the allegations and provide proof.
so for me, even getting it filed (against a big corporation) is a small win in itself. Pluse they
must provide documents concerning my bike.
If this should happen to go to court and any one that is close enough and has had similar problem
with these dealers or HD (inaccurate air temp gauge, deteriorated dash panel or similar,
defective chrome, bad radios, etc) feel free to PM me if you would be willing to give testimony in
support of my claims.
either way I am happy it got this far. But too bad it had to come to this. all they had to do
was fix the bike and fix it right, this would of been avoided and I would have been a satisfied customer. Actually i like the bike overall, just want the defects fixed right.
Now waiting to see what their response will be.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:29 AM
hogdoc
Banned
Default RE: right or wrong, agree or not, win or lose

I dont know all the probs you've had but "inaccurate air temp gauge" come on its telling you EXACTLY what the tempinside the fairing is.

Seriously we hear about some "northern dealerships" not making thier customers happy from time to time. I think some of the big shops just think they have all the customers they need and everyone will keep coming to them because of new big buildings and location.

I dont know if your dealers are just being dicks or they know that the MoCo wont cover the things you want fixed, all dealers have guidlines of what Harley will pay us for. Ifa dealerknows Harley wont cover something because they consider it normal the dealer is not going to eat the parts and labor.

It sucks but every industry has guidlines of what will and wont get covered under warranty.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:45 AM
choochoo
Banned

why in the #@%^&*^&%$ would I want to know the temp inside the fairing.
Is there something in the fairing that is heat sensitive and I need to be aware of it,
do I need to shut the bike down, if it reaches that temp. And if so why is there not
a warning pointer on the gauge to let me know i'm reaching the danger zone, and why
is there nothing about it in the owners manual, service manual or electronics diagnosis manual?
will the bike just suddenly without warning shut down when this critical temp is reached?
These are all rhetorical questions and no answer is needed or expected.
My gauage is consistently 20 degrees high. if the factory is going to put it on as standard equipment, then it at least needs to accurately reflect the air temperature bike is being operated in.
ORIGINAL: hogdoc

I dont know all the probs you've had but "inaccurate air temp gauge" come on its telling you EXACTLY what the tempinside the fairing is.

Seriously we hear about some "northern dealerships" not making thier customers happy from time to time. I think some of the big shops just think they have all the customers they need and everyone will keep coming to them because of new big buildings and location.

I dont know if your dealers are just being dicks or they know that the MoCo wont cover the things you want fixed, all dealers have guidlines of what Harley will pay us for. Ifa dealerknows Harley wont cover something because they consider it normal the dealer is not going to eat the parts and labor.

It sucks but every industry has guidlines of what will and wont get covered under warranty.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:58 AM
johnbaycity
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in case you havent noticed harleys arent the best built product on earth and people still buy them including me....... if you want everything right maybe you could suffer and ride a honda

Old 02-22-2008, 02:09 AM
choochoo
Banned

Nope been there done that.
I just believe that HD and their dealers need to stop spin doctoring
the defects and fix them under the warranty.
and in the case of severe problems, diagnose them right and fix them right.
Not just guess at the problem, throw stuff at it and hope it fixes it, and when it
doesn't flat out lie to you and say it's normal!
ORIGINAL: johnbaycity

in case you havent noticed harleys arent the best built product on earth and people still buy them including me....... if you want everything right maybe you could suffer and ride a honda

Old 02-22-2008, 02:23 AM
hogdoc
Banned

choochoo I was just givin ya some crap. Harley has moved the sensor to the frame in front of the tank to try to make it more accurate, everybody complains about the gas gauge too, but how many cars have you owned that it wasnt worth a f*@k either?

Old 02-22-2008, 02:46 AM
reeac
Tourer

Good luck Choochoo,I hope you prevail!

Semper Fi

Old 02-22-2008, 03:28 AM
jakester
Tourer

GOOD LUCK CHOOCHOO...Stand up for what you beleive in!!!!!!! Its the AMERICAN WAY!!!!! Sorry to hear it had to come to this.. Personally i have had GREAT luck with my dealer
BUT I also have never had any major problems.....Have you tried another dealer. I know you shoulnt have to. but in my area(CHICAGO) I am lucky to have choice of two- 1 GREAT-

1 NOT SO GREAT!!!... Anyway I hope it all works out in your favor...LIFE is to SHORT to go thru such B.S. JAKESTER.......TIM....

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 02-22-2008, 05:30 AM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

This will never see the room... If it does I would be shocked... It will settle out.. Just my opinion....

Old 02-22-2008, 05:51 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

....hey ChooChoo...you must have been in 3rd Battalion at Parris Island!....only 3rd Battalion fights that hard....Semper Fi

Quick Reply: right or wrong, agree or not, win or lose