Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProCharger, MagnaCharger, or Trask Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:50 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ProCharger, MagnaCharger, or Trask Turbo?

A friend of mine wants to do something different to his bike, and he's looking at a Supercharger or Turbocharger for it. Right now he has the S/E stage 2 95" kit with 203 cams, and his bike is a '06 FLHXI.

Does anyone here have any info or experience with any of these kits?

Is one better then the others for any particular reason?

Steve

Old 04-04-2008, 06:05 PM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ProCharger, MagnaCharger, or Trask Turbo?

Check out RB racing.. They make a mean turbo and hold the motorcycle land speed record.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/

I bought one of their LSR pipes for my old Bob..

Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

He's only looking at the 3 I listed.

Steve

Old 04-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Hey Steve -

Joe from Klock Werks posts here occasionally. I know they built that Road King for Pro Charger. You might want to shoot him a PM about it. He's been very helpful with my questions in the past. Not sure he could recommend one over the other, but would probably be able to give you pros and cons of Pro Charger systems.

Personally, I think Trask has the most compact package of the three. Not sure if that matters to your friend

Old 04-04-2008, 08:26 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

I looked at them today online, and to me the Procharger looks like the best kit going. The Trask system is a pretty permanent system with a lot of drilling and fittings done to stock parts, if you ever want to remove the system you are going to have to replace other parts to make it stock again, and you have to use their exhaust setup that comes with the system. The Procharger looks like a quick and easy install, you can continue to use the exhaust of your choice, and it is driven from the primary side of the bike. It made some great numbers in the charts that I could find on their website. The Magnacharger system I couldn't find a lot of info on, their website is under construction. But from what I could find it looks like it's driven from the cam chest area.

He just wants to be different, and make big power...........so he's really leaning towards the Supercharger as the way to do it. Either of the systems seems to be right around $4500-$5000 + installation.

Steve

Old 04-04-2008, 09:02 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typed this out 2 hours ago but forgot to hit the OK button. Here is the response I typed regarding ProChargers.

I like the ProCharger myself but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I'm going to wait till after Sturgis so I can check them out in person and get some feedback from Brian Klock @ Klock Werks. He has installed quite a few of these onto his builds and from what I'm told...he swears by them. I'll be digging into this but you may want to phone Brian and ask him about them as they have built many hotrods and have also run a lot of speed tests at Bonnyville. His wife is a current record holder on the flats as well if I understand correctly. Here's a link to his site. http://www.kustomcycles.com/about/

Old 04-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

I don't doubt the Trask system is more permanent. Probably why it seems more compact. You make a good point about being able to have exhaust options on the Pro Charger system.

There is a used Dyna over at Latus Motors right now that has a Magna Charger on it. It looks like a giant goider (sp?) hanging off the cam chest. I personally don't like it, but one of the sales guys there said it goes like a ***** and it's definitely different looking. If I'm over there this weekend I'll try to take a pic of it if you want.

Zach

Old 04-04-2008, 09:16 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

I've read thru 2 pictoral install right ups using the ProCharger...........it looks like a very easy install. They both claim 5-6 hours for the complete install..........and it looks about right.

I'm going to talk with my buddy tomorrow and let him know what I found out for him, he wants me to do the install for him so this could be interesting. I'm going to recommend headwork as well..........more flow can only help. Port/polish, bigger intake valves..........leave the compression at stock levels, just even out the chambers for equal compression.

From what I've seen, with the his build and the right tune............120-130 hp & tq look very possible.

Steve

Old 04-04-2008, 09:33 PM
wydopn231
Banned

been thinking about procharger also.I called few months ago.They said they where working on new one for larger engines.Im planning on 150 ci engine in near future and wouldnt want to have to buy second blower then so tring to raise funds for both.
Any contributions are welcome.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:43 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

Better look into that Steve as most cases of Supercharging also require mill pressed or low compressionpistons as well. Not sure if you need blower pistons with there kits but I'm betting it's almost a mandate that you run lower compression? If so that will have an adverse effect on some camgrinds as well.

Quick Reply: ProCharger, MagnaCharger, or Trask Turbo?