Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 06-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Road Master
Default Harley Davidson Men's High Visibility Rain Suit, 98275-08VM

This is a great rainsuit made by HD. I was in some really severe thunderstorms today on the interstate and was wearing this rain suit and stayed as dry as toast. The brilliant orange color seemed to make a hudge difference.&nbsp\\;The other vehicles gave me a little more&nbsp\\;space as they passed me. The orange seemed to make them more cautious of the fact I was there. It was raining sidewides for about fifteen miles, and it got very dark, lots of lightning. I was in it these storms for about 65 miles, no fun, the wind gust from the side was unreal.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:06 PM
One Of The Regulars
Default RE: Harley Davidson Men's High Visibility Rain Suit, 98275-08VM

I picked up this same Harley Hi Visibility Rain Suit last week while down in Laconia. It also kept me bone dry and was well worth the money.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Prospect
Default RE: Harley Davidson Men's High Visibility Rain Suit, 98275-08VM

Ditto! Me too.......
Old 05-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Road Warrior

i know its an old thread, but does this one roll up into its own carrier about the size of a football?

thx
Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincup64 View Post
i know its an old thread, but does this one roll up into its own carrier about the size of a football?

thx
Yes; it comes with a pouch and easily rolls up to fit back into the pouch for storage. I always carry mine in my side bag.

'09 Ultra Red Hot Sunglo/Smokey Gold w/ABS, 103" with S&S 510G cams, HD Premium Oil Cooler, SE A/C, Jackpot Dyno Tuned Slip-ons, SE Pro Race Tuner, SE Compensator, Progressive Monotube Fork Cartridge, HD Chrome Fork Kit, Wheeldock Centerstand, Kuryakyn ISO grips, etc.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

I've got that suit, and my boot gaiters, and my rain gloves all in the stuff sack, and I still have room in there. I'd actually like it if the sack was smaller, as everything fits with plenty of room, then expands to the size of the sack.

It's a great suit too. I wish it didn't balloon quite so much, and it can get hot during the summer, but I was in major storms last weekend and stayed completely dry.

'12 FLHTCUSE7

Old 05-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Road Warrior

I have had my eye on this rainsuit. I have a blue Frog Toggs and the pant legs melt when they brush up on the exhaust. How does the high viz suit hold up to exhaust heat?

2008 Street Glide Ultra / Fuel Moto 107" Big Bore / Stage 2 Heads / Wood TW-777 cams / Ricor Shocks / Rinehart Slip-Ons / TTS Mastertune

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."
Old 05-26-2010, 07:58 PM

P

Tags
9827508vm, costume, davidson, exhaust, gear, harley, high, melt, men, orange, rain, rainsuit, streetglide, suit, suits, visibility