Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

security light on 08 flhx

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:28 AM
stang9986
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default security light on 08 flhx

I have an 08 flhx and i had installed harleys HID headlight after i got done the install and replaced the main fuse on the bike I turned the ignition on and the security siren beeped three times instead of the normal one time. Thinking nothing of it i went to start the bike the security light went out but then after the bike started the red security icon came back on and stayed on for the duration. If i shut the bike off the system arms itself and it disarms itself like normal just that after it starts the light comes back on and stays on. Any ideas.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:01 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

You could try disconnecting the battery for a bit, and see if that will reset the system. I know the TSSM has several modes, and it sounds like yours is in a mode other than the default mode. If you had a factory service manual, you could look it up, and get the answer . I have the manual, but I am not home right now, so I have no access to it. If you dont get a response with the fix by the time I get out of work, I will look it up for you.

IIRC three beeps on start up indicates a dead or low battery in the smart siren....I could be wrong though. Like I said I will look it up for you.

Last edited by biz44; 09-12-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
stang9986
Cruiser

thanks i have the service manual but cant find it in there were is that section located at. I appricate any help you can give.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by stang9986
I have an 08 flhx and i had installed harleys HID headlight after i got done the install and replaced the main fuse on the bike I turned the ignition on and the security siren beeped three times instead of the normal one time. Thinking nothing of it i went to start the bike the security light went out but then after the bike started the red security icon came back on and stayed on for the duration. If i shut the bike off the system arms itself and it disarms itself like normal just that after it starts the light comes back on and stays on. Any ideas.
The security light will do this when there's a change in voltage, such as like a bulb being out. You will want to start by checking all the connection, and make sure there are no pinched wires to the headlamp.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question but I'm curious to know how you like the HID headlight? Is it a hard install? Worth the money? Just curious....

Old 09-13-2008, 10:01 AM
stang9986
Cruiser

thanks everyone for the help i disconnected the battery for an hour then hooked it back up and it seems like everything is ok now.

As far as the install it was not hard have to pull front outer fairing off and install two wires. The light is a clearer white light but i really havent had enough time since install to say it was worth the money yet.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:48 PM
stang9986
Cruiser

well the light is back on now i cant find no pinched wires do you think the change in voltage with it being a hid light could make it come on. I would think since it is a harley part it should work ok.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by stang9986
well the light is back on now i cant find no pinched wires do you think the change in voltage with it being a hid light could make it come on. I would think since it is a harley part it should work ok.
I could be a faulty HID bulb, electronic starter or ballast. To troubleshoot, remove the HID and install the old bulb. If the security light operates normally, then it's most likely a faulty HID.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:16 PM
stang9986
Cruiser

im gonna try just unplugging the headlight and seeing to take the hid kit out i have to remove the fairing and all that. Thanks for your help

Old 09-14-2008, 03:27 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't you just love electronics?

Quick Reply: security light on 08 flhx