Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Garmin looks pretty trick

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 07:43 AM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Garmin looks pretty trick

This may get me into a navi system. It looks too cool.

By John Davis • Jan 7th, 2009 • Category: Feature Stories
Garmin Zumo 660.

Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, introduced the zümo 660, a new motorcycle device that integrates the slim and sleek design of the nüvi® with specific features made exclusively for motorcyclists. The zümo 660 was announced in conjunction with the 2009 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.

“The zümo can change your entire experience of touring or everyday rides because it helps you find amazing places to explore,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin’s vice president of worldwide sales. “Whether you’re charting your own course or you plan your trip from your computer and download the route to your GPS beforehand, your ride will be more enjoyable and stress-free because you’ll have peace of mind knowing the zümo will help you find your way home.”

Ideal for a weekday ride or weeklong trip, the zümo 660 has features motorcyclists will appreciate like a 4.3” sunlight-readable and customizable touchscreen display, glove-friendly design with left-handed controls and oversized touchscreen buttons. The ruggedized and waterproof (IEC 529 IPX-7 standards) device comes loaded with detailed, street-level maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico that have over six million points of interest including gas stations, lodging, restaurants, attractions and more. The zümo 660 speaks street names so riders will receive turn-by-turn, voice prompted directions, such as “turn right on Main Street,” via the built-in speaker or through a compatible Bluetooth helmet or headset.

The zümo 660 also comes equipped with advanced routing capabilities. Lane assist with junction view guides riders to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit, and realistically displays road signs and junctions on the route along with arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation. In some major metropolitan areas, surrounding buildings are displayed in a 3D transparent view. A new multiple routing feature customers can see a map preview of the proposed fastest route, shortest route and off road route prior to choosing to navigate it. This capability gives riders additional situational awareness before they begin their journey.

The zümo 660 also has enhanced Bluetooth Wireless Technology (A2DP) that amplifies audio for a crisp sound, and makes it possible to receive and place phone calls as well as receive navigational cues wirelessly to Bluetooth enabled headsets or helmets. The zümo supports over 200 Bluetooth enabled phones so riders can retrieve and dial numbers using a supported phone’s contact list or from the phone’s call history log. A user can also make calls from zümo’s huge points of interest database.

While riding, it is easy to access trip information directly fr zümoom the ’s trip information page like speed, heading, altitude, and a customizable fuel gauge that can be modified to the motorcycle’s maximum fuel range. If a rider wants to leave the pavement for the trai zümol, the accepts Garmin’s MapSource® U.S. Topo maps for off-road navigation. Sharing rides with others or keeping a detailed log of trips is also easy thanks to zümo Connect, an online community of routes and riders. Zümo owners can also plan routes online through Google or MapQuest and send the routes or points of interest to the zümo before they begin their journey. In addition, riders can swap routes and waypoints with other zümo owners via the unit’s microSD card slot.

Like other members of the zümo family, the zümo 660 has many security features. The mount is designed to withstand the severe vibration environment commonly experienced in motorcycle riding. The zümo also includes Garmin Lock®, a unique theft prevention system that disables the zümo from performing any functions until the user types in a specific 4-digit PIN or takes the unit to a predetermined secure location. If the user does not know the PIN or secure location, the zümo will be inoperative.

The zümo 660 is expected to be available in the first quarter of 2009 at $799.99. Additional information is available at www.garmin.com.

spiz

Old 01-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks expensive!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:49 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

My Garmin nuvi 760 does all the same things for 1/3 the price.

http://gpsmagazine.com/2007/10/garmi...760_review.php

Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

800 bucks!!....I don't think so......

Old 01-14-2009, 12:53 PM
myred55
Road Master

Originally Posted by ngoti8tor
My Garmin nuvi 760 does all the same things for 1/3 the price.

http://gpsmagazine.com/2007/10/garmi...760_review.php

But yours doesn't have the little motorcycle on the screen

Old 01-14-2009, 12:59 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member

My tomtom rider2 has a little motorcycle...for around $500.00.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:10 PM
HDUltraRider
Banned

This is good news as it is MSRP is the same as the 550 which means that we should see a nice pirce drop in the 550.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:15 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still on the fence with these GPS systems. My maps have worked great for years and years, and although I may sound like an antique I can still get where I want pretty easily with no distractions while riding. My kids tell me to get into this century, but man it's hard with all the shiny stuff I think I want vs. electronics. Oh well.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Marine.Top.58
Banned Camp

My Garmin Nuvi 260 pops right onto my gas filler lid and works just fine...

Too bad it cost $600.00 less... Just Sayin'

Old 01-14-2009, 01:50 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine.Top.58
My Garmin Nuvi 260 pops right onto my gas filler lid and works just fine...

Too bad it cost $600.00 less... Just Sayin'
My nuvi 200 cost like 90 bucks! Imagine my smugness!
Too bad it doesn't do all that other cool stuff the high end ones do...but I don't need it really.

lp

Quick Reply: This Garmin looks pretty trick