Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garmin gps

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 02:18 PM
elwoodto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Garmin gps

Anybody used the Garmin Quest 2? I think the HD Conquest is the same. How do you like it?
Pros and cons good or bad and would you buy the same again or get a better one. Or has anyone ran a car gps unit on their bike? I know the car units are not waterproof, but did you have any problems with it? I've heard that the car units can't take the vibration.
Thanks

Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 PM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Garmin Quest. It works great. I use it on the bike and in my truck. If you plan on using it on a bike with an aux input in the radio you can get an adapter from RAM that will the audio to be played through the radio. This summer I'm upgrading to a Zumo 660.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am considering the conquest. Putting on notification.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:11 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

I use a Garmin 755T, it works fine on my Harley and in my Truck too. Garmin has a compair unit thing on their web site you can look over the difference in the units for the features that you might want to have.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Moondog
Intermediate

I had one put on my 06 EGC when I purchased new. Naturally mine has only 114 megabytes of map storage. As the newer ones have I think 2 gigs which allows you to store the whole freaking country in it. Whereas with mine I have to download whatever part of the country I might be traveling to. Which can be a PITA. and they are a little small for my tastes or should I say eyes. If I had to do over which I just might if I can justify the cost of another unit I would go for something else. Just my .02

Old 03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
rags
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I have both, the quest 2 and the conquest. Use one in the car & truck and the other on the bike. I bought both off of Ebay (refurbished). Don't have much money in either one and they do the job for me. I am not one to have them mounted all the time. Just use them when I need to find something.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:42 PM
georgemcghee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GT_RoadGlide
I have the Garmin Quest. It works great. I use it on the bike and in my truck. If you plan on using it on a bike with an aux input in the radio you can get an adapter from RAM that will the audio to be played through the radio. This summer I'm upgrading to a Zumo 660.
do you know what the adapter is called

Old 03-31-2009, 04:52 PM
dstockton
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the HD Conquest and like it. It's not as easy to work with while moving as the newer touch screen models and the screen is smaller but I have it set up to give me the info I want and it's never let me down. I got it with the fairing mount a couple of years ago.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I used the Quest for 8 years before upgrading to the newer Quest II. I have used them on the bike and in the truck. They are not as good as the zumo's, but they do all I need and don't take up much room. I use a Ram mount on my handle bars and I used the DC power cord from the Quest on the Ram mount to power it full time on the bike. The DC power cord for the Quest II is still on the original windshield mount for it. The Quest is in a box now unused since I bought the Quest II.

The biggest thing I have found about the Quest II is sometimes it is a little late on voice commands and doesn't give you enough time to turn. Not a problem on the bike as I don't use the audio on it.

I drive for a local dealership running cars to and fro and it helps out a lot there, other than the occasional delay in voice prompts. It really has never been an issue for me.

Would I buy one again???? Yes. Would I like to have the Zumo 550 and would I trade my Quest II for it............you bet!! I like the idea of the mp3 setup with the Zumo. Since I can't afford one though, the Quest II will continue to be the one for me. I have never had a problem with either Quest's. I used them both on the battery all day long and charged them at night for a long time, till I got the extra DC power cord, without a hitch. Hope this helps.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What is the difference of the hd parts 92319-06 and
92321-06?

Quick Reply: Garmin gps