Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Tunes vs Hawg Wired Speaker Systems???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 03:20 PM
LA Cox
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hog Tunes vs Hawg Wired Speaker Systems???

Been looking at upgrading from the stock speakers on my Ultra C to something better. I've done some searching on the net and came up with Hog Tunes and Hawg Wired speaker systems. I've read alot on the board about the Hog Tunes and definitely like their prices over the Hawg Wired products. Just curious if there is that big of a difference between them? Plus if you have any suggestions on other motorcycle speaker systems let me know.

Late,

Old 06-15-2009, 03:24 PM
meintel
Cruiser

Check out J&M Speakers

Old 06-15-2009, 03:46 PM
nocages4me
Tourer

+1 on the J&M, I hade a set in my ultra and they were great. I have a set of 3 way's in my road glide and love em.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:00 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd speak with Firecap501 on here about speakers/amp....

Linky to his profile to message him:
Firecap501

Old 06-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in the same boat and deciding on what to go with. Leaning towards the Hogtunes 902.2 kit with front speakers and amp. $260 delivered.

Whatever you decide, it's definitely worth a visit to the Biketronics "Sticky" on the top of the main Touring Forum. Great pictorial instructions.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:18 PM
1cerberus4u
Cruiser

I just bought the 902.2 kit and it arrived today. I have an alpine ida deck and had kenwood speakers. the system sounded OK, but drowned out by 60mph with my Bub 7's. bought the kit from Ride Shack (colin sales? great guy). It took about an hour to do the install. After I installed the speakers (with the secondary tweets on sale for 146), the system sounded so much better it was amazing. Twice the volume. Outstanding.

Then I wired up the amp and turned it on. Very very disapointed. The system sounds muffled and like the speakers are not bolted to the fairing, like its vibrating. Also, the system has a feedback when the ignition is turned on.

Called Hogtunes and the tech guy said that they have had some bad wiring harnesses and to pull the fuse and see if the system stayed on....it did not. He also said that the system will have some feedback when on.

This is not acceptable to me and I am hoping for a realistic fix, or I will go back to the system without the amp

So I'm back on the phone with them tomorrow.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:29 PM
rideshack
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1cerberus4u
I just bought the 902.2 kit and it arrived today. I have an alpine ida deck and had kenwood speakers. the system sounded OK, but drowned out by 60mph with my Bub 7's. bought the kit from Ride Shack (colin sales? great guy). It took about an hour to do the install. After I installed the speakers (with the secondary tweets on sale for 146), the system sounded so much better it was amazing. Twice the volume. Outstanding.

Then I wired up the amp and turned it on. Very very disapointed. The system sounds muffled and like the speakers are not bolted to the fairing, like its vibrating. Also, the system has a feedback when the ignition is turned on.

Called Hogtunes and the tech guy said that they have had some bad wiring harnesses and to pull the fuse and see if the system stayed on....it did not. He also said that the system will have some feedback when on.

This is not acceptable to me and I am hoping for a realistic fix, or I will go back to the system without the amp

PM sent.

Corey

Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 PM
snopro2007
Novice

I just installed the hogtunes speakers without amp and it is a a lot better improvement then the stock.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 309 Likes on 181 Posts

I've had them both. While Hog Tunes is a good setup, I needed more. I've put Hawg Wired on two bikes I've owned now and they simply rock. It's the next step up from Hog Tunes but more $ as well.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:30 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1cerberus4u

i had same issue -- , after half volume -- sounds like SH%%%... sounds better without amp. i got same wiring story.. didnt want to remove the speakers anymore. it may break off the plastic towers where speakers are bolted onto.. ill just have to live with it now.. i passed wiring under tank for a clean look..my Bad.. should of done a dry test first.. oh well... i learned my lesson.

Quick Reply: Hog Tunes vs Hawg Wired Speaker Systems???