Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Windshields

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Long Ride Windshields

Hey,

I found and bought one of these on e-bay and just wanted to pass it along to you guys.

"Long Ride Windshields" seller name on e-bay is hydrosuperstore.

I've had more then a few clearview windshields on my 04 Road Glide and now my 07 Electra Glide and this shield is every bit as good as those are for less then 1/2 the price and trouble.
Clearviews tend to take weeks if not months to ship. This shield was at my door in less then a week.

They come in clear, light, med, and dark tints. All kinds of sizes, I saw 6 to 12".

I got the 8" in dark tint and it comes just under my nose. I can see over and through it with out any trouble. The recurve really works well and keeps the wind out of my eyes and over my full face with out the noise and buffering I got from my 6 1/2" clearview .

Check them out if you want or need a need a new shield.

Attached Thumbnails Long Ride Windshields-hydrosports.jpg  
Old 06-25-2009, 07:33 AM
backdoc_rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a vendor trying to advertise. Especially when the pic you use is named hydrosports.jpg. You got a pic of yours on your bike?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddy G

I got the 8" in dark tint and it comes just under my nose. I can see over and through it with out any trouble. The recurve really works well and keeps the wind out of my eyes and over my full face with out the noise and buffering I got from my 6 1/2" clearview .
Of course an 8" is going to work better than a 6 1/2". It looks like it has even less recurve than the Clearview.
My 9 1/2" Clearview w/recurve does have a little to much wind noise for me at speeds of 70 and above. 65 and below is fine.

But for long tips I like the Half Moon windshields form http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/index.html

Last edited by Texas Fat Boy; 06-25-2009 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Twistabister
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not own a Long Ride shield but I did inquire about them and they were very helpful and responded quickly.. to me this is a good quialty to have in a vendor.. I will be getting a Long Ride once I figure out what size I should get..

Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Mr Cujo
Road Master

....... for less then 1/2 the price ......

The $9 difference is actually 10%...not half.

I'm glad you like the shield, and I hope this guy does well with his business...but you owe it to the forum members to be accurate with pricing.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Eddy G
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mr Cujo
The $9 difference is actually 10%...not half.

I'm glad you like the shield, and I hope this guy does well with his business...but you owe it to the forum members to be accurate with pricing.
I paid $99 + $14 S&H for the clearview (Thats $113)

I paid $53 for the long ride windshield shipped to my door.

That's less then 1/2 in my book.

I wasn't trying to mis lead anyone.

Last edited by Eddy G; 06-25-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Eddy G
Road Master

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Of course an 8" is going to work better than a 6 1/2". It looks like it has even less recurve than the Clearview.
My 9 1/2" Clearview w/recurve does have a little to much wind noise for me at speeds of 70 and above. 65 and below is fine.

But for long tips I like the Half Moon windshields form http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/index.html
Ya, 8" is bigger then 6 1/2". Thanks. I was just making the point that rather then buying another clearview at a lot more money and not getting it untill Aug. You might want to try one of these. Thats all.

The recurve is actually deeper on this shield then the 3 other clearviews I have or have had.

I'm not knocking Clearview they make an awesome shield.

But they are expensive and do take a long time to get.

This shield is a nice alternative in my opinion.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Eddy G
Road Master

Originally Posted by backdoc_rider
Sounds like a vendor trying to advertise. Especially when the pic you use is named hydrosports.jpg. You got a pic of yours on your bike?
I've been a memeber of this forum for a long time. It isn't my first post.

I hope people can tell the difference between me and a vendor.

I got the pic off of e-bay because it was easier then taking one myself.
It says hydrosports because thats what I wrote when I down loaded it to my desk top. It should read hydrosuperstore.

I was just trying to put out my opinion and some info. Use it, don't use it, do what you like with it.

Sorry

Last edited by Eddy G; 06-25-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Mr Cujo
Road Master

I looked at the CV site and the other guy.. the new guy is 79.99 for a clear shield, CV is 89.00.
Here's the Clearview site...http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=11

Here's the other guy...http://harleyshields.com/shields/

Prices are right there..

Old 06-25-2009, 03:54 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So what do you or they consider a long ride .. Ive been living with the stock one for 3 summers and it seems to be ok... 69 bucks for a piece of plastic is as bad as H/D's price.. Id rather buy a good used stocker from egay than pay those prices but then again im cheap and have no job ........ I gotta say here .. I had a kawasaki voyager vII full dress for 6 years and i never changed anything on it .. yup im that cheap .. I do like my chrome wheels and .................

Quick Reply: Long Ride Windshields