Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperTrapp 2-1 SuperMeg and PCV

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Tytanium
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperTrapp 2-1 SuperMeg and PCV

Just splurged. Picked up the ST SuperMeg for my Road Glide and the PCV.

I did a ton of research and boiled it down to the SuperMeg 2-1 or D&D Fatcat 2-1. Ultimately two decision criteria pushed me toward SuperTrapp (again).

1) I have the same exhaust on my Dyna and it has been fantastic - Sound - performance - quality - tune-ability etc.
2) I have read instances of guys thinking they were developing tinnitus from the D&D Fatcat high freq noise output.

I can't afford any more high freq hearing loss or I'll need a medical waiver to fly. Right now the Army will waive decapitation given the tempo overseas (shortage of pilots) .... but if the situation changes .... I need to retain acceptable high freq hearing.

My Dyna is not EFI so the PCV will be a new winter toy with a whole new learning curve.

I'm looking forward to rectifying the stock mediocre performance and tapping into all the lower end TQ potential in the 96 CIs.

I'll give a full report when I get some proprioceptive (butt-dyno) results to share.

T

Old 10-09-2009, 06:12 PM
gunut
Cruiser

Hey need some PICS !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2009, 08:14 PM
genedjr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tytanium
My Dyna is not EFI so the PCV will be a new winter toy with a whole new learning curve.
The power commander is only useful on EFI bikes, it will do nothing for bike with a carburetor. Is that a typo?
...gene

Last edited by genedjr; 10-09-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:04 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will absolutely love this combo been running a usbIII and supermeg for years on my 03 road king went thru several systems till my tuner said try this I can ride all day with out noise fatigue. make sure to buy the powercomander from Jamie you will be much better off than buying it local.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by genedjr
The power commander is only useful on EFI bikes, it will do nothing for bike with a carburetor. Is that a typo?
...gene
Almost got me too till I re-read the post & realized the PCV was for his Road Glide, & his Dyna is carbed............

Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Tytanium
Cruiser

Sorry for the Dyna vrs Road Glide confusion.

I bought both the pipe and PCV from Fuel Moto. I talked to Jamie and they're preloading the PCV for the SuperTrapp and SE Filter. I'm still toying around with my intake options.....

I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:27 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

I agree this is an excellent setup. Thank you for your order and support

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Tytanium
Cruiser

PCV and SuperTrapp 2:1 installed on Sunday.

Getting the stock pipes off was a bit of a PITA but the rest was pretty simple and straight forward. PCV took less than ten minutes to install - super easy on an 09.

SE Stage 1 air cleaner - easy install. I like the "oilless" filter. Hate oiling the filter on my Lowrider.

The SuperTrapp Supermeg "fitment" is a little lacking with the collector heat shield being the problem child. The same issue exists on my Dyna. It's not a big deal - about a 1/8th inch gap at the widest point between the front head pipe heat shield and the collector heat shield. I played around with the P-Clamp and the hose clamps and even the mounting point on the underside of the XMSN.

The finish (chrome) is excellent. Very nice. A little polishing with Wizards metal sealer and POW!!! the pipes look stunning.

Performance - the lower end torque is phenomenal. She accelerates like a raped ape in the "usable" rpm range for a guy like me. I don't much care about breaking 100 mph. I do like have an instant and arm straining response to rolling the throttle back. I used all 20 discs that come with the exhaust. The result is the low throaty rumble I've come to associate with the SuperTrapp. It sounds far better than the stock exhaust. A tad bit louder than stock and the note says performance.

I personally like that my new pipes are not really that loud unless I get on it. I REALLY dig the huge boost in torque.

I'm a happy dude. Next....... lowers? Maybe cams? Probably the HID lights.

Jamie / FuelMoto - Thanks for the great service.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:10 AM
60wt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same fit trouble with the shield too..... I got a perfect fit by loseing he front and rear pipe heat shields then used a block of wood and tapped the muffler heat shield forward untill it all lined up then tightned up all the clamps...muffler shield first..

Old 10-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Tytanium
Cruiser

60wt

Thanks for the input. I will follow your procedure exactly. Sure would be nice to close up that gap.

T

Quick Reply: SuperTrapp 2-1 SuperMeg and PCV