Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carpenter Creek Heel Guards

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 PM
tencrore
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpenter Creek Heel Guards

I have been burning heel marks into my pipes ever since I put on my D&D FatCats. Very nice pipes by the way and would not take them off for anything!

I added the floorboard extension by Harley Goodies that made my riding much more comfortable. Excellent customer service as everyone else has probably experienced!

But still, I was burning rubber onto my pipes. Got sick and tired of cleaning them after every ride so I started my research on heel guards.

I basically saw only two companies manufacturing a heel guard for our bikes… Heel Guard and Boot Dr. or Dr. Boot (can’t remember exactly how it was named). Was not impressed by either one. Either they were mounted very insecurely or they just looked flimsy.

Then I started using our search engine for some more information. Lo and behold, I found something! Sometime back, a Fellow Member posted a thread about a company that he thought was the best out there… Carpenter Creek. It took me a while to find their product and their website, but they looked like something pretty good.

When a Fellow forum Member recommends something, I take notice!

Called them up and spoke to the owner, great guy, but didn’t catch his name, and asked if he still had some. He told me he doesn’t produce them anymore, only will do so on an order basis only. So I ordered one.

Could not be happier with the purchase. Great quality product, excellent finish and will not catch your pant leg on the guard.

I thoroughly recommend this heel guard to any looking for one!!

Legal Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with this company (Carpenter Creek) and if you do catch your pant leg in it, you need some help!

http://www.carpentercreek.us/product...categoryId=129

Here are some pics of the install.

Attached Thumbnails Carpenter Creek Heel Guards-dsc00001.jpg   Carpenter Creek Heel Guards-dsc00005.jpg   Carpenter Creek Heel Guards-dsc00006.jpg   Carpenter Creek Heel Guards-dsc00009.jpg   Carpenter Creek Heel Guards-dsc00010.jpg  

Old 11-14-2009, 07:08 PM
dabluesguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. They do look like quality stuff.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Nutbender
2nd Gear
Thumbs up Heel Guard Solution Show Chrome

I have also had the burnt rubber issue. I found another US manufacturer on the web. www.rockhardrail.com. I uses this heel guard. What I like about it is the quality, and the ease of mounting. It is very heavy steel. It does not vibrate loose and I have had it for about a year. Also, you do not have to drill holes in your footboard to mount it. You don't even have to take the footboard all the way off the bike to mount it. I am sure there are other good solutions, but this one is the one I prefer. Take a look at the website and see what you think. I also liked that they are also here in Colorado.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Kingers103
Cruiser

What's the cost on those bad boys? Is it comparable to the Rock Hard Rail pricing? BTW they look great.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

The original post is dated 2009. I tried looking up these heel Guards and Carpenter Creek does not seem to list them anymore? I'm looking for something similar for my stock 2010 Street Glide Stream liner boards. They are "not" the D Style

Last edited by Rickr01; 05-04-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:05 PM
tencrore
Tourer

Originally Posted by Kingers103
What's the cost on those bad boys? Is it comparable to the Rock Hard Rail pricing? BTW they look great.
The Carpenter Creek guards were $86.65 inclusive of USPS shipping to Northern California.

Hope this helps

Old 05-04-2012, 03:07 PM
tencrore
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rickr01
The original post is dated 2009. I tried looking up these heel Guards and Carpenter Creek does not seem to list them anymore? I'm looking for something similar for my stock 2010 Street Glide Stream liner boards. They are "not" the D Style
You might want to give them a call as I did when I bought them as they didn't list them on their site back then as well. Luckily when I called they were kind enough to fabricate them for me.

Hope this helps

Old 05-04-2012, 03:07 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickr01

Try eGlide Goodies http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id57.html

Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Carpenter Creek
5th Gear
Default New Info on Carpenter Creek Heel Guards

Just wanted to let all you guys know that Carpenter Creek is renewing production of the heel guards referenced above. They should be available sometime in February of 2013. More info is available at: http://carpentercreek.us/product.sc;...5&categoryId=1

Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

How about the brukus bootshield?

http://brukus.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-pro...rts&item=58348

Looks to be the cheapest option of the ones you've listed, and has the same result.

Attached Thumbnails Carpenter Creek Heel Guards-img_0069.jpg  

Quick Reply: Carpenter Creek Heel Guards