Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodbye Fuelcrap, hello Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:14 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye Fuelcrap, hello Power Commander

Looking at getting a PC5 for Christmas and getting rid of this FuelPak.

Does anyone else notice how crappy their '09 runs below 3K RPMs? I remember reading something that Jaime from Fuel Moto posted about how the FuelPak doesn't adjust below 3K RPMs. I refused to believe it at the time, but now I do.

Jaime, if you read this, can you send me a price for a PC5. I have the V&H Monster Ovals and a K&N filter with a drilled out cat.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:10 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
Looking at getting a PC5 for Christmas and getting rid of this FuelPak.

Does anyone else notice how crappy their '09 runs below 3K RPMs? I remember reading something that Jaime from Fuel Moto posted about how the FuelPak doesn't adjust below 3K RPMs. I refused to believe it at the time, but now I do.

Jaime, if you read this, can you send me a price for a PC5. I have the V&H Monster Ovals and a K&N filter with a drilled out cat.
I have no problem with my FuelPak, bike runs fine from idle to above 4K without any issues....

Have you checked to see if your unit needs any mode updates??

Old 11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
I have no problem with my FuelPak, bike runs fine from idle to above 4K without any issues....

Have you checked to see if your unit needs any mode updates??
Last time I checked, there was one.

Going from idle to 4k RPMs is fine. It's keeping the RPMs steady below 3K. Most of my driving is below 3K RPMs so I can feel the bike surging. The way I can compare it is like in my old bug with dual carbs. If one carb wasn't synced right with the other one, it wouldn't run right. Sure it would RUN, but something just didn't feel right.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:57 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

The V&H Fuelpak can work well in some applications, not as well in others. This is due primarily to its design and tuning strategy and the requirements of the bike/combination you are tuning. The first issue with the FuelPak is the fact it does not tune the lower RPM and Cruise range areas. Because it retains the stock NB O2 sensors the mixture remains at a very lean 14.6:1 AFR. The second issue is that it cannot adjust ignition timing. However the biggest issue is that instead of using a PC/Windows based program with s RPMXTPS or RPMXMAP fuel map like most other tuning platforms the Fuelpak uses a series modes and values with the buttons on the unit and these representations are proprietary to V&H so you do not know what you are adjusting or what they are based on. The values that you input are either from the V&H website/instruction sheet or from a V&H tech.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com