Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

doherty powerpacc

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:39 AM
tcarille
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default doherty powerpacc

anyone here running an powerpacc air cleaner on a 08 or better tourer w/throttle by wire?any problems with blowby?ive been thinking of getting one and see that the powervents dont work with the electronic throttle assy.i would be puttng it on a stock engine and if their is a problem w/blowby what did you do to get around it.also anyone with a built engine having any problems?i know you can put the breather assys.(mystfree)in the heads but other than that,whqt r you guys doing?

Old 02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am waiting for mine to get here, so I can't give direct information on how they work with TBW. Hoping it gets here in the next day or two. I talked at lengths to Tim about blow by and the setup for 08+ models with TBW before ordering mine. I had also talked to a few forum members about it and one vendor who tried one around a year ago and wasn't happy with it (so I had my concerns)

Tim said they have changed a few things for the TBW cleaner and are now including a crossover tube that is not pictured for 08+ bikes but can be seen in a few pics for other years. You then have the option to run a hose and T it into the back plate for internal breathing. Tim said this is fine if you don't notice lots of blow by with the stock setup ( I didn't see much oil in my my stock system when I removed it) After more talk and him explaining how the powervents are designed to work, we discussed an option to use one inline powervent on the end of the crossover tube. For now I am going to run it open and if I notice lots of oil, I will put a hose on the end of the vent and route the blow by elsewhere.

While I do not know if this is the greatest solution, I am not sure there is much more that can be done if someone does not want to feed blow by back to the air cleaner. I will take pics of mine once I get it and get it installed. Send me a pm and I can send you some of them once i am done. I think in the end, it will be worth as many rave about this air cleaner

Old 02-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see that they have addressed the '08 TBW blow by. Let me know how everything works out as I am interested in this setup. What was the total cost?
Thanx

Old 02-15-2010, 05:38 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

That's good to know. I've got a Power Pacc on the 'Train, with the Power Vents vented to the atmosphere down below the tranny. I'd consider using one on the Limited, but I was concerned about the lack of vents. Post some pics when you get it together.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

Originally Posted by Delta
Glad to see that they have addressed the '08 TBW blow by. Let me know how everything works out as I am interested in this setup. What was the total cost?
Thanx
Tim is running a sale right now and mentioned it will probably continue for awhile. Price I paid is on his the website. Oh and free shipping. Although it must be on a train because I ordered Friday the 5th

Old 02-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

Here are a few pics I snapped with my cell the other night while installing. My camera would not work for some reason, although today it started to. So I may go take a few "better quality" more. I love the way it turned out with the one inline powervent.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:22 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Great pics Nozz! Have you ridden it yet? The crisp instantaneous throttle response is going to amaze you. Top shelf A/C!

Did you use one of the little nylon O-rings to place between the head and blowby assembly? I see the blue one on the breather bolt blowby assembly but I can't see if you put one between the head and bb assembly.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

Yes, I used a smaller blue nylon on the back of the crossover tube which rests between the head and the tube.

As for riding it yet. maybe this pic will answer that question...........

I did fire it up and whacked the throttle a few times. It will all be new to me since I added exhaust, TTS and the air cleaner all at once. I have nothing to judge it by other than stock. So needless to say it is going to ROCK

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Great pics Nozz! Have you ridden it yet? The crisp instantaneous throttle response is going to amaze you. Top shelf A/C!

Did you use one of the little nylon O-rings to place between the head and blowby assembly? I see the blue one on the breather bolt blowby assembly but I can't see if you put one between the head and bb assembly.

Attached Thumbnails doherty powerpacc-img00330.jpg  
Old 02-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great. I just might have to do this to my '08 Ultra, the blow by on the 103 blows big time. I'm tired of carrying maxi-pads when I ride. Are you going to vent the Powervent to the a/c assembly or to the atmosphere? I noticed a 90 degree connection installed. Was there a plug installed prior to this?

I installed the TTS last year and it really is so much better then the SERT. The motor runs so much cooler.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:19 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Just so I understand, the TBW kits are now coming with a Powervent and the crossover tube? That's pretty slick. Given the seepage I get on the 'Train, I think you'll end up plumbing a line on there sooner rather than later.

Quick Reply: doherty powerpacc