Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heel Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:25 PM
HD160
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heel Shifter

I am looking for an extended heel shifter that will give me a little extra room, but my goal is to get one that can be dropped down almost flush with the footboard or even below so that I don't have to pick up the heel of my boot to shift, or if so only slightly.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to accomplish this? Thanks and sorry if this issue has been previously covered in other threads.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 PM
hawgman08
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you really want to keep the heel shifter?? I just got rid of mine and prefer it that way

Old 03-01-2010, 10:18 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look up EZ Brake's website I have the brake lever and shifters love they lay the brake pedal down to a nice position also.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hawgman08
Do you really want to keep the heel shifter?? I just got rid of mine and prefer it that way
Yup. Take it off and toss it your bags for when your toe shifter falls off. This is probably one of the best "value" mods you can do to your bike.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:11 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Originally Posted by HD160
I am looking for an extended heel shifter that will give me a little extra room, but my goal is to get one that can be dropped down almost flush with the footboard or even below so that I don't have to pick up the heel of my boot to shift, or if so only slightly.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to accomplish this? Thanks and sorry if this issue has been previously covered in other threads.
Kury makes an extended pedal... cheap too!
http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...etail/IMID/614

Old 03-02-2010, 08:19 AM
nightnurse716
Advanced
Default Heel Shifter

I replaced my original with Walter's Workshop extended heel shifter, extremly happy with the quality and the extra room on the floorboard, use it everytime I ride.

http://www.waltersworkshop.com/exten...ft-levers.html

Attached Thumbnails Heel Shifter-dsc_0190.jpg  
Old 03-02-2010, 08:37 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 308 Likes on 179 Posts

I moved my floorboards forward (H-D forward pans and Kury 1" out 1" forward brackets). I lowered my shifter so it is behind the board.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:48 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My wernch did this exact thing for me and I love it but I don't know what shifter arm he used. I do know it's chrome if that helps! LOL!! Once you get this set up you won't sorry! A "properly positioned" heel shifter is great!

Last edited by 07FLHT; 03-02-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 AM
gibby122
Road Captain

Originally Posted by nightnurse716
I replaced my original with Walter's Workshop extended heel shifter, extremly happy with the quality and the extra room on the floorboard, use it everytime I ride.

http://www.waltersworkshop.com/exten...ft-levers.html
+1000 I have it, I love it. and you'll only have buy one, not two so that they match... or 3 so your break lever matches... pfft.

Takes maybe a beer to put it on. Heads up, you might have to loosen the toe shifter and push make sure its on as far as it will go (this will make sense when you do it) then slide your heel shifter on. You can position it as low or high as you want pretty much.

Last edited by gibby122; 03-02-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 PM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take off the heel shifter and toss it on a shelf somewhere. That's what I did. Heel shifting just ain't my thing.

Quick Reply: Heel Shifter