Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

******J&M Amp Install Just Completed on Al's 2009 Street Glide...Pics Here******

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Default ******J&M Amp Install Just Completed on Al's 2009 Street Glide...Pics Here******

By the amp here
http://www.drvtwin.com/catalog_produ...roduct=1076110
and here
http://www.drvtwin.com/catalog_produ...roduct=1076111

NO APRIL FOOL'S ON THIS!!!!!

As promised, here are some pics of the new J&M 250 watt amp installed on Al's 2009 Street Glide.

The install went smooth and everything was plug and play. After Al completed the install and tested the 7.25" speakers out, his first initial assessment was: "HOLY $hi*!!!!!" The sound was ultra-loud, but clean and very clear at the same time. The sound remained rich and deep without any distortion.

If any of you are in the local area, we now have a 2009 Street Glide equipped with just the 7.25" speakers and we also have a 2009 Street Glide equipped with the 7.25" speakers and the new J&M amp. You can come in and compare and see for yourself the difference in sound firsthand and in person. I am sure you will want the amp after hearing the full range of sound being pushed through the 7.25" speakers. We almost always have our bikes in the showroom for demo purposes, so feel free to come down anytime for a demo.

We received only a few amps from J&M today, so I was unable to install one on my Street Glide as I didn't want to take an amp away from those that are anxiously waiting, but I will install one as soon as we have enough amps in stock.

After personally hearing the amp in action with the 7.25" speakers, I have to say that I was really blown away at how much sound you get from such a well priced setup. J&M did a phenomenal job on their speakers and this new amp. All we can say is WOW and after a few minutes experiencing the concert-like sound coming from the speakers, we have to keep saying "WHAT?!" in response to anyone asking us questions. It is seriously now perfectly LOUD ENOUGH! It makes the ground shake!!! Bottom line...if you own a set of 7.25" speakers, save up all your pennys because YOU NEED THIS AMP!!!

We want to personally thank John and the entire staff @ J&M Corp. for their support and for allowing us to participate in his distributor network.

Thanks!

Shawn

ENJOY!!!!

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 12-09-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool............................Thanks for the pics!!! I like the way it attaches to the bike...............I have that same amp only mine says ARC on top of it and doesnt attach that nicely..........It should sound great!!! Where are the gain controls? under the JM decal or did they eliminate them? Whats the price on the amp??

Old 04-01-2010, 08:36 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
Cool............................Thanks for the pics!!! I like the way it attaches to the bike...............I have that same amp only mine says ARC on top of it and doesnt attach that nicely..........It should sound great!!! Where are the gain controls? under the JM decal or did they eliminate them? Whats the price on the amp??
The amp seems to be pre-set from J&M. The gain control has been eliminated, so it looks to be a different amp than the ARC unit.

Amps retail at: $449.95, Dr. V-Twin forum member price is: $349.95 shipped! We should have more in stock to ship out next week. They are slowly trickling in, but we are filling orders as they were placed with us.

Thanks!

Shawn

Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Just got to do a quick ride with my new amp.. WOW, i can't get over it... amazing.. and nooo its not because I sell it.. I'm seriously impressed...BIG TIME!!

More about it tomorrow!

AL

Old 04-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Al, thanks for the pics on the installation. And I really appreciate your honesty with the shot showing the "KS125.2" in white on the side of the amp.

Carl

Old 04-01-2010, 10:52 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I am extremely impressed by the amp's performance and after really hearing the almost deafening volume, I can't wait to get one on my bike!!

I am really jealous of Al's sound setup now! Too bad we didn't get the 50 amps we ordered or I would have had it installed on my bike already!

Come on J&M, get us as many amps as possible!

Shawn

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 04-02-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:59 AM
HemiGlide69
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ks125.2 ???

Isn't KS125.2 an Arc model?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

How does it mount if you have the Ultra's CB module on the top of the radio?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Duke of HD
Tourer

Do you have any sound clips of before and after? say stock... 7.25.... 7.25 with amp? would be nice to hear a comparison.... I know its hard to judge over a web recording but its still fun...

By the way great install pics, I will likely be ordering these very soon thanks for taking the time to post the install pics!

Last edited by Duke of HD; 04-02-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
How does it mount if you have the Ultra's CB module on the top of the radio?
I mounted my cb under the radio when I did the ARC amp. Works great

Quick Reply: ******J&M Amp Install Just Completed on Al's 2009 Street Glide...Pics Here******