Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All show and no go - complete

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:30 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default All show and lotsa go - complete: T-man stage 3 106

i know i owe everyone an updated and finished thread on the build, but thought i would share the finished results. Just got back from T-man's where Brian did an excellent job on the tune. I also want to give a HUGE thanks to PhilM for his unwavering support and help during this build. He was an invaluable resource and I owe him big time.

Parts and pieces: S&S 106 BB kit, T-man Stage 3 heads and 625 cams, HPI 55mm throttle body, 10.5:1 CR, Baisley roller rockers, 4.89 injectors, AIM VP92T, D&D Fat Cat, S&S Single Port Tuned Intake

Last edited by rock92; 04-13-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:33 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW... That's GOTTA Rock..... rock!!!

Very nice... ya might wanna change the thread title: "Some show, LOTS'A GO!"

You are more than welcome, I really enjoyed working with ya. One of these daze, we'll be out your way & we'll get together.

Tell us about the "rideability" that I soooo love to preach about!

Last edited by PhilM; 04-13-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:03 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW! That's a great job. I'll bet that puppy really hauls the mail now... Enjoy.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:20 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

absolutely spot on Phil. i think the 'numbers' are solid, they did shift some up and left post tune, but the rideability is night and day different. it is smooth as butter up and down the rpm scale with the manners of a stock bike. one quick flick of the throttle reminds you of what is in there. also, with the matched components everything works well together and it makes the power effortlessly. there is no strain on the motor all the way out to the rev limiter. this was evidenced by the speedo being pegged at 5K rpm with another 1500 to go, so it breathes easily.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 PM
acftdr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Wow....

That's completely bad ***....Wish I could see that for myself. It's gonna be a lifetime 'til you get tired of that ride. Congrats.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn! Bet your arms are an inch longer than before. Look at that graph, how quick that HP jumps and how that torque curve has such a smooth climb.

I'm with bigskyhd on this one 100%. Sure looks like some real world useable power there, no that high rpm only crap. Man that's gotta be fun to ride!

One fortunate bro you are, congrats.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:53 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

So, Hurl....

Have ya had a chance to get out & log some miles yet? Being out there in the Carolina's, I know there's some great riding to be done!

Just curious how the rideabily is in the real world & how your fuel economy is. I'm guessing it may still be challenging to resist twisting it up for the thrill, which does influence mileage...

Butcher ~ that bike looks KICKASS!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Road_King_Rob_78
Intermediate

I'm seriously thinking about going with the S&S 106 myself when I pick up the new Street Glide. Also having T-Man do the head work. Not sure about which head package or which cam to go with though. 625's are some awefly tall cams; maybe the Andrews 570's....

You've got a great set up though!!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Road_King_Rob_78
I'm seriously thinking about going with the S&S 106 myself when I pick up the new Street Glide. Also having T-Man do the head work. Not sure about which head package or which cam to go with though. 625's are some awefly tall cams; maybe the Andrews 570's....

You've got a great set up though!!
That 625 is a VERY smooth grind and is nothing to worry about.

Don't out smart yourself. What ya really should do is use components that are know to work well together and do so repeatably.

I've used a couple sets of the new Stage 2 "Pro-Touring" heads now & they are REALLY nice. They are what has historically been his Stage 3 head, with the exception of using a 1.710 intake port face, rather than the 1.800 that is used on the Stage 3's. You can ask him to do that Pro-Touring head with a 1.800 port setup, which is actually great on the FBW bikes, as that S/E 58mm TB has 1.800 intake runners.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Road_King_Rob_78
Intermediate

PhilM,

In your opinion, are the 625 reliable? Thats my main concern. I dont want to be out on the open highway and have to worry about a thing.....or anymore than the usual. Will they stress the engine too much?

Sounds like I'm next in line for your wisdom and advice....

Quick Reply: All show and no go - complete