Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Chopper Back.......again?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:37 PM
dwayne.aycock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Chopper Back.......again?

WTF, if you have not heard this, TLC has hit rock bottom with Americal Choppers. The show had been losing ratings siince the departure of Vinny and Cody, and the death nail was when Paulie and Michael left. Good riddance to a show that had lost it's fan base, but this is what is on the horizon.
"Although TLC aired what it said was the series finale of American Chopper back in February, the network will soon start filming its two stars, Paul Teutul Sr. and Paul Teutul Jr., for a new, very similar show that will debut in August. American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior "begins filming next week and will premiere in August," The New York Post reports. Because Paul Sr. fired Paul Jr. and the two no longer talk, the new series will follow them..."
From realityblurred.com ( April 7, 2010)"

You can tell when a show is on the ropes when you don't know when it comes on anymore. As I can recall, American Chopper switched times slots 3 times and networks twice. Additionally, they lost their fan base when they became a "cookie cutter" company for expensive corporate bikes. Years ago, cooperations used to buy art and expensive paintings as a form of investment. Somewhere along the way, they started investing in "one of a kind" bikes that only large cooperations could afford. They forgot about the guy that is not a millionaire, but loves motorcycles while he works everyday. To me, all of the bikes started to look the same after a while. The only differences I noticed were paint jobs and the occasional gimmicky bolt on parts.
This new show is dead in the water if you ask my opinion. I don't see it catching on. If it lasts one season I will be surprized.
What are your thoughts?
Dwayne

Last edited by dwayne.aycock; 05-29-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:48 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Say it AIN'T true!

Old 05-29-2010, 08:52 PM
VI KRUZER
Cruiser

Ya I'm REALLLLLLLY waiting to see that -----Not!!!!

Old 05-29-2010, 08:58 PM
dwayne.aycock
Tourer

If you were not already sick, here is more nausiating news. Sounds like a damn soap opera. Do they think we are all a bunch of bitches?
Paul Teutul Jr. Opens Rival Chopper Shop

Email

Written by Deena on Apr-15-10 4:52pm

Michael Teutul, Paul Teutul Jr. and Paul Teutul Sr. from Orange County Chopper arrive to Maxim's Pre-Super Bowl XLI Party at the Sagamore Hotel on February 2, 2007 in Miami Beach, Florida. (Getty Images)more pics »Paul Teutul Jr., son of Orange County Choppers owner Paul Teutul and star of American Chopper, is opening up his own custom motorcycle shop -- one that will directly compete against his dear old dad, according to TMZ. Paulie was fired in 2009 after a big fight with his pops, and now Jr. is mutinying.

Paul Teutul Jr. is opening his own chopper shop. (Getty)
Adding insult to injury, Pauly also recruited some disgruntled former Orange County Choppers employees to work at his new place -- including his bro Mikey and their friends Vinnie DiMartino, Robert "Nub" Collard, and Joe Puliafico, according to the story. This should be interesting.

In better times, this motorcycle family appeared on Family Feud, and won $50,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Now it looks like they're just feuding amongst themselves, and out to take

Old 05-29-2010, 08:58 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

i missed the last episode - i just couldn't look away...like watching a dog running towards a busy road I knew what was happening and it was unpleasant to watch but I just could avert my eyes!

what happened in the last episode?

Old 05-29-2010, 09:07 PM
dwayne.aycock
Tourer

Not really a resolution in the last episone. Paul Sr. Had his "new" family, and his sons Paulie and Mickey were out on the street. Then there was the law suit with them fighting ownership of OCC out in court. Damn shame if you ask me.
Looks like stardom went to their heads, and greed took over their souls.
What about the love of the motorcycle and the ride?
It all took a back seat to fights and blinged out cars and houses.
Dwayne

Old 05-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Whale
Novice

I stopped watching the show when they started to devote more time to the family bickering rather than building motorcycles.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Mikind7
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Stupid f'n show from the gate IMHO

Old 05-29-2010, 09:41 PM
J2X
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Anything but them. I heard a story here in DC that they were leading a group of Rolling Thunder Riders and one of their bikes kept breaking down causing a back up of bikes getting to the Pentagon.

Last edited by J2X; 05-29-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Den Den
Advanced

I met these guy's back a few years ago during Myrtle Beach Bikeweek. Can't stand the B@stards myself. Paul Sr can kiss my rosey red rectum. If you ever meet them you'll find out why!!!!

Quick Reply: American Chopper Back.......again?