Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try this new product for their passenger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 07:47 AM
jlacasci
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone try this new product for their passenger?

New Product: Adjustable Auxiliary Passenger Footpeg Mounts

Part # 54157-10

Cut and past this into your browser to see and read about this.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Going on a long trip, from RI to TN and my girls knees get a bit sore from not
being able to move her legs much on the passenger floor boards. Has
anyone installed these yet and if so, are they adjustable on the fly by the passenger or do you have to stop and then they can be adjusted with no tools?

Thanks,
Joe

Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like once again H-D has finally caught up on something. Kuryakyn has been making these for years, these are very similar to Kuryakyn's.

To answer the question, I do not have these, I have the Kuryakyn. YES! Your passenger will be very happy, I have never heard anything but good about adjustable rear pegs. To answer the second part, I suppose a person might be able to adjust them on the fly, but the safest bet is to stop and adjust. The pins are near the bottom, it would be quite a feat to reach down and adjust them while moving.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 602 Likes on 325 Posts

It looks to me like you would have to stop to change the position of the peg..I would question that ..for me as a driver I am on the move with my feet all the time..

Old 07-16-2010, 08:23 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Looks like once again H-D has finally caught up on something. Kuryakyn has been making these for years, these are very similar to Kuryakyn's.

To answer the question, I do not have these, I have the Kuryakyn. YES! Your passenger will be very happy, I have never heard anything but good about adjustable rear pegs. To answer the second part, I suppose a person might be able to adjust them on the fly, but the safest bet is to stop and adjust. The pins are near the bottom, it would be quite a feat to reach down and adjust them while moving.
My woman was happy for a while with them, but her butt will still get tired about the same time as usual.....Oh, and the potty stops. I f ya have an extras couple hundred dollars laying around go for it. It could get you a couple extra points with her. P.S. back in the old days before they had all this crap, the girls would just wrap their leg's around ya.......back when we were young.

Last edited by drukanfu; 07-16-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Ultra Street Jewell
Road Captain

I could see putting them on if wifey would ride more. But since she doesn't ride with us much. Why waste the money.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:22 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by drukanfu
P.S. back in the old days before they had all this crap, the girls would just wrap their leg's around ya.......back when we were young.
And thinner!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:28 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
And thinner!
Yeah alot thinner.... Both of us........

Old 07-16-2010, 10:01 AM
jlacasci
Tourer

Thanks for the replies. Since my girl is as tall as me, I doubt she'd want them in anything but the forward most position in order to stretch her legs. My concern is this... Even without something like this on the bike when we stop her feet are hitting me in the back of the claves as it it with her fee on the floorboards. I wonder if these things being in the forward position would be a problem? Of course she'd move her feet out of the way when we stop, but just want to make sure that when you stop the bike and put your feet down that these things are hitting your legs in the forward position.

Thanks,
Joe

Old 07-16-2010, 10:12 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

In that case to avoid getting kicked in the a$$ every time you stop, get rid of the floor boards bolt on a pair of stirrups from an old horse saddle.......or brake a little easier. It's either that or some bengay latter for her knees. Oh, and put a little extra saddle soap on the seat for her ( helps prevent rug burn ) LOL.

Last edited by drukanfu; 07-16-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 AM
SG 1
Road Warrior

Got he Kurys on mine. Wife likes em. Need to stop to adjust to be safe.

Quick Reply: Anyone try this new product for their passenger?