Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 07-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Road Warrior
Default Klock Werks FLARE Windshield

Hey guys, anyone have a Klock Werks FLARE Windshield 6.5, they would want to trade for an 8.5. My is brand new. I got it July 18th. It does not have a mark on it.

Here is my issue. I'm 5-4 and the Klock 8.5 and is all black. I put it on my 08 Ultra. I cannot see over it or through it. I can only look up and to the side. I rode around the block and it wasn't safe. I contacted the company I bought it from and they told me to pound sand, they don't take exchange or refunds from non-damaged items. I told them I would pay the restocking fees shipping and everything, they told me to buy another windshield.

I have all the receipts to show when I purchased it and what for price. I'm just looking for either a 6.5 with a smoke tint, or an 8.5 tint I can see through. Any interests PM me.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Road Master

I had a very similar experience with my new Ultra Classic. I had the dealer swap out the stock shield for an 8 inch dark smoke.I had to sit up really straight to look over.The first day I had it I went for an evening ride as it was getting dark.I found it to be dangerous after the sun went down. I had the dealer swap out the dark tint for a light tint the next day.I now find myself looking throught the top of it when sitting in a relaxed position.If it were to start raining I could sit up straight and look over it.I may possibly try a 6 inch at some point but I hesitate because I don't want to catch to much wind in my face.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Off topic but nice Dobbies C908. Great dogs.
866-739-PHAT (7428)
Old 07-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

If I were you, I would contact Klockwerks them self... they have blems that they send to dealers as 'test' shields for customers to try before buying....

Ask them if they would swap a blem for yours.. I am betting they just might... hey, its worth a call... esp if you offer to pay postage both ways..

the reason I know they have blems... watch there video and they say ' ask your dealer to call us' I wanted to buy a shield but first want to try them, my local dealer said I would have to buy one ... I told them about the video and ask them to call, Dealer called me a few days later and told me that They were sending out a complet set of sheilds for testing... when they got there I went to the dealer and he had three shields... I tried them all and then placed my order..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_Je...eature=related

at about the 30 second mark, he talks about having your dealer call

History is a myth that men agree to believe.
Napoleon
Old 07-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Road Warrior

i will give them a call first thing Monday morning. thanks for the heads up
Old 07-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Hang Around

KW has great customer svc. I purchased a dark shield then shipped it back to them and exchanged it for a lighter one. No problems.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastglide09 View Post
KW has great customer svc. I purchased a dark shield then shipped it back to them and exchanged it for a lighter one. No problems.
Glide09,

well i called KWs today. you should change your post to "HAD" great customer service. they too told me to pound sand. so i spent $145.00 for a windshield i rode once around the block with.

soon as i explained i was 5-3 and rode an Ultra and that my shield was black, she replied, "You cant see through it huh?" i thought if these people make a windshield 8.5 and you cant see through, they must know it is a safety issue, why do they sell them?

either way, i wont buy one again, and i will never have anything good to say about these shields? poor customer service at best. i asked if i could exchange it for a used one they sent out to a shop. before i finished my questions she cut me off and said they dont do that.

so if anyone is reading this, buyer beware with Klock Werks!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Senior Rider
Default 6.5"

I have the 6.5 KW in light tint on my 09 Street Glide and I am wiling to trade. The 8" will accept a windshield bag and my 6.5 wont. PM me if you are interested. I am in Maryland and the KW 6.5 is the only windshield I have as I sold the stocker and the 9" clear so I need to have yours prior to shipping mine. It is in excellent condition,, no scratches, blemishes etc. I bought it at Chesapeake HD in Darlington Md and anyone there will vouch for me.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat4314 View Post
I have the 6.5 KW in light tint on my 09 Street Glide and I am wiling to trade. The 8" will accept a windshield bag and my 6.5 wont. PM me if you are interested. I am in Maryland and the KW 6.5 is the only windshield I have as I sold the stocker and the 9" clear so I need to have yours prior to shipping mine. It is in excellent condition,, no scratches, blemishes etc. I bought it at Chesapeake HD in Darlington Md and anyone there will vouch for me.

sorry bro, i sold it on Ebay today. Thanks anyways
Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks like you sold it for a good price... your a lucky guy...

Want to try a good shield at a very good price..

check out Fastaire

He is here on the forum - out of Reno - Great shields and GREAT prices, I do believe he has a 'flip' shield now and again, prices are very good.

I have the 8.5 light tint Klock Werks on my FLHTCI bike, Its OK but if I had it to do all over again,,, I would pass - for the money, I just do get it.. Ok, but just not Great.. I expected more

History is a myth that men agree to believe.
Napoleon
Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 AM

P

Tags
85, classic, davidson, flare, flared, harley, inch, king, klock, question, road, roadking, ultra, werks, windshield